DS4Windows - J2K
the main website is down....but able to get it on github it's working both wired and BT
now works on pcsx2 and rpcs3.....the controller handling is great!
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel

Sponsored links

Is it possible to play wireless lag-free? I'm using a CSR bluetooth dongle and I've already set my system to Performance mode but I'm experiencing some consistent input lag
2 days ago my hide controller option doesn't working. I close every conflict program, but this important option still not working. I'm using DS4Windows on W10 and this is a new problem, I think... Please, need some help  Wacko
(01-22-2018, 09:57 PM)JohnConstantin Wrote: 2 days ago my hide controller option doesn't working. I close every conflict program, but this important option still not working. I'm using DS4Windows on W10 and this is a new problem, I think... Please, need some help  Wacko

For me it is geforce experience in the most cases. Try uninstalling it
Wink 
(01-26-2018, 11:17 AM)ager Wrote: For me it is geforce experience in the most cases. Try uninstalling it

Thank you ager, you're right. Maybe it's the fault of the new update, because I never had problem before with GeS**t Exp  Biggrin
Since Jays2Kings version of DS4Windows hasn't been updated in a while, and upstream changes haven't been merged with it (hundreds of changes committed), I recommend switching over to Ryochan7's fork of DS4Windows.

https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows

The Ryochan7 version is vastly improved to reduce latency and redundancy, and improve stability. I currently use it with HidGuardian class filter driver to guarantee exclusive access with huge success.

Note, HidGuardian support is both optional, and very primitive at this moment; if you plan to use it, you will need to manually install it using devcon.exe, and modify your Windows registry to add a list of game controller PID's. If you're unfamiliar with registry editing or are prone to borking your computer as a result of meddling around in the registry, you may want to see help with this activity. Installation of HidGuardian requires the devcon.exe utility, available exclusively through the Windows driver kit (WDK) (a free download from Microsoft). Sorry, due to copyright and licensing, devcon.exe cannot be supplied separately by a third party.

Much respect to Jays2Kings for his past work on DS4Windows. Thank you.
Firstly, I've used DS4Winodws without issue wired and wireless for a long time.  This issue is stumping me...

On a new laptop, for some reason the Dual Shock 4 controller is being detected as an 8bitdo controller (that I own).  Both this other controller, and the DS4 + DS4Windows combo both emulate an xinput device, so I see what's happening, but removing the 8bitdo driver is quite tricky.

I did happen to setup and connect the 8bitdo NES30 Pro controller first, which apparently was my downfall.

The main issue, aside from incorrect detection, is that the 8bitdo controller has fewer axis.  So now, on the DS4, the left trigger is 1 half of the Z axis only, and the right trigger is button 8 only.

Without DS4Windows running, my DS4 is detected as "Wireless Controller" and functions as expected.  The triggers both function as half the Z axis and buttons 7/8 as expected.

So far, I've resorted to combing through the registry to remove all references to 8bitdo.  That worked on the nomenclature, but the same axis issue exists.  So now I'm combing through the registry again to remove all instances of "XBOX 360" (as a value, not a key) and all instances of "Wireless Controller".

As far as removing the 8bitdo drivers, there aren't any.  They are Microsoft drivers, and the 8bitdo controller (NES30 Pro) didn't come with drivers.  I've tried to remove/uninstall the drivers from the device manager but it's still re-detected incorrectly.  8bitdo actually isn't even mentioned in the Device Manager.  Only "HID-compliant game controller" is listed when it is connected in Dinput mode.  When connected in Xinput mode, the 8bitdo controller manifests as the XBOX 360 Controller, with a sub device of "HID-compliant game controller".

If you have any advice I'd sure appreciate it!  I'm still tinkering to get it to work properly again.

I'm currently running Windows 10 64-bit.  While this laptop has significantly different hardware (AMD and ATI vs my other Intel and nVidia laptop), I really don't think any of that is relevant to the issue I'm experiencing, given the digging I've done so far.
Hi! Sorry if it's been asked before, but I didn't find anybody with this problem.

Sometimes my DS4 disconnects randomly. It might disconnect after 1h of gameplay or 6 hours, and when it happens, it doesn't matter if I restart the program or the Gamepad, it just won't work until 1-2 mins has passed.

Is this normal? Am I using a bad config? I have the iddle disconnect unchecked and everything, and it can happen while I'm playing, it's just random.

I just did a format with the basic programs on, and it's still happening. Also, I used 2 different Bluetooth sources to test, with the same effect.

Thanks a lot, I hope somebody had the same problem and managed to fix it!
Hello I have a question, when I use the ds4, even if i set the deafult profile for the controller, every time I use L3 (given the left stick action) it minimizes the game that I'm playing and opens a blue window similar to a xbox keyboard and it doesn't allow me to play normally . what can i do???
(03-11-2018, 07:11 PM)CREPO Wrote: Hello I have a question, when I use the ds4, even if i set the deafult profile for the controller, every time I use L3 (given the left stick action) it minimizes the game that I'm playing and opens a blue window similar to a xbox keyboard and it doesn't allow me to play normally . what can i do???

delete lilypad.ini...then remap using the "quick setup" button on the pad 1 tab.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel