DS4Windows - J2K
Heya, how to i get DS4Windows to work with emulators? Everything works fine in steam games but not a single emulator works.
The emulator does not read the controller inputs.

Sponsored links

Hey guys, I started getting a weird glitch with my DS4 on Windows(7) today, for some reason the controller is disconnecting and immediately reconnecting while playing a game, both in USB or bluetooth mode, I've no idea what is going on, if it's a problem with DS4Windows itself or something else.

Currently using ryochans, build 1.4.115

Whenever this happens, right as it disconnects I get a UAC request from DS4Windows.

These are the logs when it happens:

Quote:15/03/2018 20:20:56: DS4Windows version 1.4.115
15/03/2018 20:20:57: LinkedProfiles.xml can't be found.
15/03/2018 20:20:57: Starting...
15/03/2018 20:20:57: Connection to Scp Virtual Bus established
15/03/2018 20:20:57: Searching for controllers...
15/03/2018 20:20:57: Using Exclusive Mode
15/03/2018 20:21:00: Found Controller:00:00:00:00:00:00 (SONYWA)
15/03/2018 20:21:02: Controller 1 is using Profile “Default"
15/03/2018 20:25:29: Plugging in X360 Controller #1
15/03/2018 20:25:29: X360 Controller # 1 connected
15/03/2018 20:33:18: X360 Controller # 1 unplugged
15/03/2018 20:33:18: Controller 1 was removed or lost connection
15/03/2018 20:33:30: Found Controller:40:1B:5F:BC:28:DF (SONYWA)
15/03/2018 20:33:30: Plugging in X360 Controller #1
15/03/2018 20:33:30: X360 Controller # 1 connected
15/03/2018 20:33:30: Controller 1 is using Profile “Default"

Not sure if this is a bug or "feature". I have the lightbar completely turned off, and when I turn on the DS4 the light is correctly off, however after that if it goes to sleep because I take a quick break in a game or something the light comes on when I wake the controller up, and I have to alt tab from the game and go to ds4windows and click something such as rumble test and then the lightbar goes off again and I can resume playing as normal. Hope that makes sense? Smile

Using the DS4 with the official Sony bluetooth receiver.
My DS4 has recently (today) started refusing to work in exclusive mode.

I restart the PC. Nothing running. No steam, no origin, uPlay, not even Nvidia programs.

I start the tool, plug in the DS4, and "warning could not open DS4 exclusively".

I'm running windows 10 64 bit.

Literally worked fine yesterday. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have two instances of HID-complaint game controller in Device Manager. If I disable one, it turns off the Xbox 360 emulated pad. If I disable the other, it turns both pads off.

What should I do?

EDIT: Fixed It. In breaking with forum tradition, I will actually explain how I fixed it.

Nvidia GeForce Experience updated when I updated my video card driver. Part of the update was a new in-game overlay, and that, for some bizarre reason, was stopping DS4Windows from accessing the controller in exclusive mode.

Solution? Go into Nvidia Geforce Experience settings, and turn off the in-game overlay.

Hopefully this helps someone who was desperately googling the issue like I was.
does anyone here knows how to use HidGuardian with DS4W?
All the explanations are so vague? :/
(04-07-2018, 04:58 PM)martyblartyfoo Wrote: My DS4 has recently (today) started refusing to work in exclusive mode.

I restart the PC. Nothing running. No steam, no origin, uPlay, not even Nvidia programs.

I start the tool, plug in the DS4, and "warning could not open DS4 exclusively".

Literally worked fine yesterday. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have two instances of HID-complaint game controller in Device Manager. If I disable one, it turns off the Xbox 360 emulated pad. If I disable the other, it turns both pads off.

What should I do?

EDIT: Fixed It. In breaking with forum tradition, I will actually explain how I fixed it.

Nvidia GeForce Experience updated when I updated my video card driver. Part of the update was a new in-game overlay, and that, for some bizarre reason, was stopping DS4Windows from accessing the controller in exclusive mode.

Solution? Go into Nvidia Geforce Experience settings, and turn off the in-game overlay.

Honestly, I don't know how these forums work and I don't really care because you are a life savior!

I kept searching for the past week and I stumble upon this and it worked. Had to make an account to at least show that this worked for me too

Thank you so much
Hey guys -

How do I change the default profile folder? I accidentally selected the option that stores them in appdata, but I would prefer storing them in the DS4Windows folder itself (the "portable" option).

I have searched the registry far and wide but cannot find where this setting resides. Can someone point me in the right direction as to how to change this?
(04-07-2018, 04:58 PM)martyblartyfoo Wrote: My DS4 has recently (today) started refusing to work in exclusive mode.

What should I do?

Thanks for this tip - I have found this myself as well.

However, this is not a good solution for someone who uses Shadowplay and thus needs the in-game overlay to be enabled at all times. How can I work around this issue while keeping the overlay active? Or, is it possible to continue using shadowplay after disabling the overlay?

I appreciate all forms of help!
(07-30-2018, 08:52 AM)genesisboy Wrote: Thanks for this tip - I have found this myself as well.

However, this is not a good solution for someone who uses Shadowplay and thus needs the in-game overlay to be enabled at all times. How can I work around this issue while keeping the overlay active? Or, is it possible to continue using shadowplay after disabling the overlay?

I appreciate all forms of help!

Its not only shadowplay that causes this, it also happens with steam if you have a desktop controller config set, or any apps that try to grab input from the controller before ds4windows takes exclusive access.

Exclusive mode works by taking exclusive access over the native input (dinput) so all other apps are exposed only to the emulated xbox controller input (xinput).

What happens is shadowplay (or whichever app) is starting first and snatching the dinput before ds4windows can take exclusive access and hide it.

The way to work around it would be to somehow delay starting geforce experience (or at least the shadowplay part) until after ds4windows does its thing.
(07-30-2018, 01:29 PM)tjwoosta Wrote: Its not only shadowplay that causes this, it also happens with steam if you have a desktop controller config set, or any apps that try to grab input from the controller before ds4windows takes exclusive access.

Exclusive mode works by taking exclusive access over the native input (dinput) so all other apps are exposed only to the emulated xbox controller input (xinput).

What happens is shadowplay (or whichever app) is starting first and snatching the dinput before ds4windows can take exclusive access and hide it.

The way to work around it would be to somehow delay starting geforce experience (or at least the shadowplay part) until after ds4windows does its thing.

Right. I'm asking how I can bypass the overlay from grabbing my input.

What exactly uses a controller in the overlay? I've yet to need a controller for any function of the in-game overlay. So far my only solution was to stop the service, then enable exclusive mode, then start the service back up again. As you can tell, this is tedious, and I'd rather just apply a fix to the source of the problem so the overlay no longer snatches input from my controller.