DS4Windows - mapping pad with keyboard
Hi. I couldn't find a good place for my question, so maybe you guys will help me. I tried to map my d-pad with keyboard's arrows, so when i press d-pad in pc-game (no pcsx2 question - forgive me) the character moves. The game is Silent Hill 2.
I configured DS4Windows. Every pad button is mapped with keyboard and works, every except d-pad. Instead of it i can move the character with left analog (which i unbounded completely). I don't want to control with analog, i want to control with d-pad. Can it be done?

Control settings in game are:

[Image: RZZaFoj.png]

It looks like d-pad doesn't work because the game automatically detects the pad and it binds left analog to directional movement (turn left, turn right, move forwards, move backwards) as default. It looks like these 4 functions can not be changed under "joypad" in game settings.

When mapping i use "scan code" check and click on key i want pad button to be binded with:

[Image: Oq4Cyz6.png]

As you can see below the d-pad is mapped with keyboard arrows correctly:

[Image: QEHRj15.png]

so why it doesn't work? Any suggestions?

Sponsored links

Why are you using ds4windows with keyboard ? Why not mapping your keyboard in lilypad directly?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-27-2020, 07:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Why are you using ds4windows with keyboard ? Why not mapping your keyboard in lilypad directly?
What do you mean by "lilypad"?

I tried to bypass the necessity of using the left analog for movement. The game itself doesn't let you to set d-pad for movement (see empty spaces below "joypad" on my first screen? - it forces left analog). I thought if i map d-pad with keyboard's arrow keys then i could bypass this.