DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
(03-23-2014, 03:10 AM)felixlighter Wrote: I've just started trying this version out and the first thing I noticed was that it detects a tap much better. Before it would drift a little when tapping to click causing me to miss what I was trying click. It doesn't seem to do that any more. That's a pretty big improvement for me. Thanks for your efforts.
Thanks for the feedback; I appreciate any bug reports you might come up with, and also if any part of the controls feels awkward, I want to know about that too. Some things are not that intuitive for everyone. I'm glad that a lot of people seem to enjoy the Button Mouse mode too. I really need to write up something about it and the Button Lock.

Sponsored links

Fixed another major annoyance: you can restore the window to visibility again after it has been minimized to the tray icon.
Hi, you mentioned your tool may be able to enable motion controls and sorta directed me here from another thread? ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...#pid363222 )

Couple of things: I don't own a DS4, only a SixAxis. Running the tool seemed to have no effect on how the DS3 wrapper tool works. In fact I couldn't find any effect it had at all, or relevantly as my second thing, any options that would enable motion controls.

I'd definitely need that hand you proverbially offered to get off the ground.
(03-24-2014, 03:02 PM)chroma Wrote: Hi, you mentioned your tool may be able to enable motion controls and sorta directed me here from another thread? ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...#pid363222 )

Couple of things: I don't own a DS4, only a SixAxis. Running the tool seemed to have no effect on how the DS3 wrapper tool works. In fact I couldn't find any effect it had at all, or relevantly as my second thing, any options that would enable motion controls.

I'd definitely need that hand you proverbially offered to get off the ground.

Ah, I see, I was trying to provide a reference for DS4 SixAxis encoding format because it may be quite different from on the DS3. It is meant to be an example. Are you going to attempt to implement motion controls within the Scarlet.Crush DS drivers? That appeared to be what was being asked.
TBQH I know very little coding and would not know where to start. I was inquiring whether it was implemented at any usable level already within the DS3 wrapper project already, not that I planned to add to it.
Hi electrobrains,

First of all, thank you so much for your work on this. I'm here to report a small bug: Since exactly the DS4Windows-2014-03-23_0 release, I've been getting an unhandled exception from the .NET Framework. It says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I'm on an up-to-date Windows 8.1 x64 installation. It does not matter whether I start the program as an administrator or otherwise. All older releases work fine.

Details are here:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.tmrUpdate_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.Form_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34011 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DS4Tool
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DS4Tool/DS4Tool.exe
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DS4Control
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DS4Tool/DS4Control.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
DS4Library
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DS4Tool/DS4Library.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

If I simply continue on from this error, the tool functions as normal (though it does not automatically connect and I specifically have to press Start). I'm connected via USB.

Looking at the error message (Windows.Forms etc.) and the lack of the usual system tray bubble telling me the controller connected, might the error be related to that portion of the UI?
Just a quick thing: It looks like the latest version says "Touchpad IN Disabled" instead of "IS."

The battery colors thing seems to be working for me now, which is awesome. Laugh
(03-25-2014, 03:47 AM)cascardian Wrote: Hi electrobrains,

First of all, thank you so much for your work on this. I'm here to report a small bug: Since exactly the DS4Windows-2014-03-23_0 release, I've been getting an unhandled exception from the .NET Framework. It says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I'm on an up-to-date Windows 8.1 x64 installation. It does not matter whether I start the program as an administrator or otherwise. All older releases work fine.

Details are here:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.tmrUpdate_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.Form_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34011 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
DS4Tool
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DS4Tool/DS4Tool.exe
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DS4Control
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DS4Tool/DS4Control.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
DS4Library
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DS4Tool/DS4Library.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

If I simply continue on from this error, the tool functions as normal (though it does not automatically connect and I specifically have to press Start). I'm connected via USB.

Looking at the error message (Windows.Forms etc.) and the lack of the usual system tray bubble telling me the controller connected, might the error be related to that portion of the UI?

Does this fix the error you see? I wonder why your system is deciding there is an error, since we're running the same version of Windows. The events are apparently complaining about being called with a null sender object, when the sender object and event arguments aren't even used by them. This makes them all consistently not use null.

Attached Files
.zip   DS4Windows.zip (Size: 1,17 MB / Downloads: 243)
(03-25-2014, 12:37 PM)electrobrains Wrote: Does this fix the error you see? I wonder why your system is deciding there is an error, since we're running the same version of Windows. The events are apparently complaining about being called with a null sender object, when the sender object and event arguments aren't even used by them. This makes them all consistently not use null.

Sadly, that does not fix the error. If it's merely a quirk of my particular system, I'll live with it. It does not hinder the program's main function, so it'll be all right. But if you'd like to try some more in-depth stuff, I'm up to it. Thank you for your time!
I've found one issue that this version is particularly susceptible to. Often, at random intervals, opening Steam's Big Picture mode reveals that the left stick does not work, only the D-pad, only fixed by restarting Steam. It's a small issue, but it's frequent.
Dualshock 4 Users Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DS4users