DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
(03-15-2014, 03:19 AM)electrobrains Wrote: That's very strange. Mine always shot up to display 100% when charging. Does this behavior persist after a controller reset?

I've reproduced the problem with cursor never disappearing in VLC. It happens even without any controller. Let me see what I can do.

Yeah, I tried the reset button and everything, and it's still just doing what the previous versions of DS4Tool were doing. That's not a bad thing, the program still works great, but I just thought I'd report on the battery charging meter thing not working.

Sponsored links

Fixed the VLC issue and drastically reduced the idle overhead of DS4Windows. It was always trying, 1000 times a second, to update the GUI with the current controller status (which are present, charging, what mode...)! Now, it only updates the GUI when something actually changes. This should have a ripple effect to reduce latency throughout the program, too.

Attached Files
.zip   DS4Windows-2014-03-15_0.zip (Size: 1,17 MB / Downloads: 300)
Subscribed.

As i said before, i will upload in an hour at max the last mockup of the GUI then start a new public branch for it.

The idea is to work nicely with both, so i hope at least we can work together in this.
(03-15-2014, 02:46 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: Subscribed.

As i said before, i will upload in an hour at max the last mockup of the GUI then start a new public branch for it.

The idea is to work nicely with both, so i hope at least we can work together in this.

Sweet! I am trying to keep divergence very low right now to take advantage of a common code base. Every bug fix that I make here should be easily portable back to the DS4Tool 1.3RC3 branch point, at least for some time. Once the GUI replacement work is done, that is the perfect time for me to start building up touchpad mode features Laugh I have a regular need to add new configuration settings, so something extensible is critical to saving time adding new features. One thing I want to do soon is mapping rumbles into light bar effects to improve game immersion. Another related feature is custom haptics patterns for indication of mode/profile switches. This is better conceptually than an on-screen display because it doesn't get in the way. It's just hard to figure out very intuitive haptics -- they are all blessedly arbitrary. It's like an entirely different language than a video screen, truly.
(Sorry for doubleposting this but considering that we have 2 thread were this should work i don't know how to do otherwise)

In the meantime, new (and last) mock of the GUI.

Now, when a new controller is connected an xml with the specific controller configuration is created. Sadly, everything is name-based because i don't have a valid and static id of every controller (this obviously will change when proper connected to the service).

ATM the only provided option is to show or hide the trayicon. (keep in mind that the icon is visible only when connected with Bluetooth, i will change that later)

Speaking about the icon, it's *****, my idea is using an icon similar of those of Windows tray like the battery one , but possibly with a shape that resemble an actual controller.
Someone could do that for me? I need 11 images 32x32, take the image below as an example.
[Image: windows_8_battery_tray_icon_for_windows_...527f3i.png]
(the first 9, the 21th and the 31th, with a controller shape and no background).

First thing first, launch ServiceDestroyer to delete previous configuration directories, then launch ServiceTester then DS4Tool.

Don't move battery slider too fast or the app will crash, i know that, it sucks but i don't care considering that Tester will disappear in the next future.

Enough for today, tomorrow i will clean some classes, some translation (i have still some comments in italian) and then i will upload the come somewhere.
Everyone is fine if i use GitHub? Or i'm forced to use Google Code?

Attached Files
.zip   DS4ToolMock.zip (Size: 283,9 KB / Downloads: 264)
Can you guys take a bit more time and explain GitHub's functionality here, how it improves upon Google Code? My main concern with using something that's not supported by someone as big as Google is it not disappearing like many tech companies like to do overnight. Who owns it?
Shame you guys branched off, though honestly aside from building off each others work, you were both doing your things. Regardless the tool is still great.

(03-15-2014, 05:23 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: Speaking about the icon, it's *****, my idea is using an icon similar of those of Windows tray like the battery one , but possibly with a shape that resemble an actual controller.
Someone could do that for me? I need 11 images 32x32, take the image below as an example.
[Image: windows_8_battery_tray_icon_for_windows_...527f3i.png]
(the first 9, the 21th and the 31th, with a controller shape and no background).

Give me a few and I'll see what I can come up with.
(03-15-2014, 08:51 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: Give me a few and I'll see what I can come up with.

Great Laugh
Connection type: USB and BT (both dont work with titanfall)
Windows Version: 7 sp 1
DS4 Tool Version this one posted here and in xwrapper. I just tried this one.
Are you using Exclusive vs Shared mode ( is Hide DS4 Controller checkbox enabled) tried both ways

titanfall still wont see my DS4 and a 360 controller
(03-15-2014, 09:18 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: Great Laugh

Alright they're finished, here's a few examples of it, the rest are in the zip:
[Image: 68I9YOT.png][Image: tKF3fzP.png][Image: Ev25ZO2.png][Image: lKbHCqV.png][Image: P0TJ2Ch.png][Image: cG3U3NR.png]

Attached Files
.zip   DS4 Icons.zip (Size: 83,55 KB / Downloads: 258)