DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
(10-07-2014, 01:15 PM)Aleksandr Wrote: Is there a swap motors option somewhere? I am using Jay's version and couldn't find anything in the GUI or XML config files.

I feel like, at least in some games, the motors aren't mapped correctly. At the moment the left/right is flipped, yes? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought left is heavy and right is light for both controllers? Which would mean they shouldn't be flipped.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...on_effects

Games dont map vibe and there is no left right motor per say (even though they are situated on the left/right) They are referred to has a big/small rumbler, so a impact or whatever that occurs on the right side of the screen won't necessarily happen in the right motor, that is determined by the impact type as each motor has a different weight. Hope I articulated that enough to be understood
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

(10-07-2014, 01:19 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Games dont map vibe and there is no left right motor per say (even though they are situated on the left/right) They are referred to has a big/small rumbler, so a impact or whatever that occurs on the right side of the screen won't necessarily happen in the right motor, that is determined by the impact type as each motor has a different weight. Hope I articulated that enough to be understood

Well, what I meant by the left/right being flipped was that if I test the left motor in x360ce, the right motor in my DS4 is the one that triggers. Which if the left motor is supposed to be low frequency or heavy or big, then it's being sent to the wrong motor. At least, that is my understanding.

I played DiRT just now and felt like the heavy/light motors or big/small rumblers were inverted. Also in the rumble test of MGS1 using the PSX emulator in Mednafen, which uses XInput for the gamepad, the 'WEAK' and 'STRONG' tests are inverted. By which I mean that selecting 'WEAK' makes the left motor on the DS4 rumble, and 'STRONG' triggers the right motor. The left low frequency motor should be strong, right high frequency motor should be weak. Right?
(10-07-2014, 01:45 PM)Aleksandr Wrote: Well, what I meant by the left/right being flipped was that if I test the left motor in x360ce, the right motor in my DS4 is the one that triggers. Which if the left motor is supposed to be low frequency or heavy or big, then it's being sent to the wrong motor. At least, that is my understanding.

I played DiRT just now and felt like the heavy/light motors or big/small rumblers were inverted. Also in the rumble test of MGS1 using the PSX emulator in Mednafen, which uses XInput for the gamepad, the 'WEAK' and 'STRONG' tests are inverted. By which I mean that selecting 'WEAK' makes the left motor on the DS4 rumble, and 'STRONG' triggers the right motor. The left low frequency motor should be strong, right high frequency motor should be weak. Right?

hmm come to think of it im not sure, when I test left/right in xinput the left/right rumble respectively, but I have no idea if the are mapped to the correct type of rumble or not as I haven't seen any tests that that use a big/small vernacular.

Why do you use x360ce by the way? seems a little redundant when using a DS4 tool.

I don't use x360ce, I was just using it to test the rumble.

Noticed this in electrobrains' changelog:
** 2014-04-02.0: DS4Windows 1.0 Beta 2
* Add setting to swap the rumble mapping, matching left/right rather than heavy/soft. The rumbler positions on the X360 and DS4 controllers are reversed and the normal mapping gets the heavy/soft aspect right instead of the left/right.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he might have been mistaken that the rumbler positions are reversed. I wish I had kept a 360 controller so I could test this instead of giving it all to the goodwill.
(10-07-2014, 01:55 PM)Aleksandr Wrote: I don't use x360ce, I was just using it to test the rumble.

Noticed this in electrobrains' changelog:
** 2014-04-02.0: DS4Windows 1.0 Beta 2
* Add setting to swap the rumble mapping, matching left/right rather than heavy/soft. The rumbler positions on the X360 and DS4 controllers are reversed and the normal mapping gets the heavy/soft aspect right instead of the left/right.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he might have been mistaken that the rumbler positions are reversed. I wish I had kept a 360 controller so I could test this instead of giving it all to the goodwill.

Im curious to know now as well

Well, I did some searching and it seems to be pretty established that on the 360 controller the heavy rumble is the left motor, and weak rumble is right. And this teardown by Informit shows the motors pretty clearly.

(Weirdly, in iFixit's teardown for replacing the rumble motors they say the opposite. A user comments that this isn't right, though, so I think they might have got it wrong.)

Also found some guy's ramblings about XInput 360 controller rumble where he's got graphs showing that shooting in Just Cause 2 is all heavy/left motor. So! I'm downloading that on Steam to see for myself. Been meaning to check out the crazy Multiplayer Mod anyway.
Okay! Got distracted, JC2 is still really good and the Multiplayer Mod is really dumb in a great way.

Anyway, firing a weapon in Just Cause 2 triggers the right rumble motor on my DS4 when using DS4Windows. Pretty sure it should trigger the left motor, as I described above.
It seems when i remind keys on my controller it seems to ***** up the thumbstick direction and its reverse (up on left thumbstick is down on game/detector)
Hey guys. I'm new here, but I hope this is the right place to ask.

Scarlet's package works with Bluetooth differently from DS4Tool (and its forks). It "reserves" (can I phrase it like that?) the dongle and the service itself handles pairing with the controllers. That means Windows never sees a "Wireless Controller", only the 360 controller, and so there's no need to use "exclusive mode".

Now to the point, is there any way to use the same bluetooth handling (installing the driver, "reserving" the dongle and letting the service handle pairing) as in Scarlet's latest package, but with DS4Tool (I'm using J2K's DS4Windows fork)?

I would much prefer this approach than letting Windows handle pairing. Exclusive mode can be a bit conflicting and problematic sometimes. Making sure Windows never sees the DS4 itself is something I really appreciate in Scarlet's solution.

Regardless of this being possible or not, thank you guys for all the great tools.
(10-04-2014, 12:40 PM)jhebbel Wrote: This one I can answer, For Windows security reasons Ctr+Alt+Del cannot be simulated, it has to cove from a signed kernel level driver (which this program is not). Alternatively I believe there is an EXE or DLL call that can call the lock screen directly but that would require a lil googling

Yes but you can use Ctrl-Shift-Esc which is not protected by the OS