DVD Drive Issues
I'm able to boot from a disk perfectly from 3 external USB DVD drives of various ages but not from the internal DVD drive.  I've tried killing any background processes, like virus protection and such, to see if it makes any difference, but it doesn't appear to.  Any thought about the problem or what I can try?

Sponsored links

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to run an actual DVD or an ISO?
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(04-04-2022, 04:48 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: What are you trying to do?  Are you trying to run an actual DVD or an ISO?

An actual game DVD.  They'll run from the 3 diffrent external USB DVD Drives I've tried, but not from the internal one.   The internal can read the disks perfectly fine, but apparenrly there's something about the drive, or something running in the background associated to it, that's confusing PCSX2.  It randomly worked once, but I haven't been able to figure out how or why it did that one time.  

I know the short answer is, "run it from an ISO", or " Just keep using the external",  but they're something of a nuisance,  and I'd rather not have to either spend the time dumping all my PS2 games DVD's to ISO's or eat up drive space with them.
Are you running the latest nightly build of PCSX2? It's currently version 1.7.2564. It doesn't require you to configure any plugins. At the top, under CDVD, choose Disc, then choose your internal drive under Drive Selector. If that doesn't work, then there really isn't much you can do. It might be a problem with the drive itself. Esp since, as you said, the external work just fine. Maybe someone else can come up with something, but with it working on the other drives, I don't think it's a problem with the emulator itself
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(04-05-2022, 07:23 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Are you running the latest nightly build of PCSX2?  It's currently version 1.7.2564.  It doesn't require you to configure any plugins.  At the top, under CDVD, choose Disc, then choose your internal drive under Drive Selector.  If that doesn't work, then there really isn't much you can do.  It might be a problem with the drive itself.  Esp since, as you said, the external work just fine.  Maybe someone else can come up with something, but with it working on the other drives, I don't think it's a problem with the emulator itself
I'm not running a nightly, but I'll try that.  I don't think it's a problem with the emulator itself, but rather with the CDVD plug in and my internal DVD drive.  I've see other odd software interactions with drives and background services in the past and I was hoping to get lucky and that someone had seen this one before.  

I can work around it, but It's going to keep bugging me, so I'll continue trying other things, including swapping out the internal DVD, and I may reload the machine as it something I generally like to do every year so for proformance anyways.