DX10 no go even though it is latest
My computer is a laptop with the following specs
AMD Turion64x2 @ 2GHz
4 GB RAM
Vist Ultimate
NVidia MCP67M dunno what that means but it is intergrated /w the motherboard I think.

Dxdiag says I have DirectX 10 installed. It is the Nov08 release. MS website says 10.1 was released but they do not offer it for download that I can find-- and I searched pretty hard.

When trying to use the Gsdx plugin in it will only work with dx9, I get an error 'Error loading GS plugin' which another poster on the old forums indicate could be caused by an unupdated DX, so I did and still nothing changed although a few components did install. I have tried this with versions 7/9/11/12, the ones indicated to be the better ones by posters. Also I have tried it with the playground build, the official release, and the beta release. They all DO run the game (FFX) pretty decently with Dx9 software, but the graphics slow down alot for cut scences making them difficult to watch for the story, albeit not a requirement to play the game.

I'd really like to get this to work with Dx10 so any help would be greatly appreciated. I also know this would probebly be better in the Gsdx thread on ngemu, but I can't seem to get registered; sorry.

One final note, in the process list it shows PCSX2 with a *32 even though it is not in compatability mode.

Sponsored links

quite simple as NVidia MCP67M is the GF 7150M which is a non-DirectX 10 card. NV implemented DX10 in the GF8 series while GF7 only supports up to DX 9.0c. And just because DX10 is installed, doesn't mean you can use it. First of all the card needs to support it Wink.
Try running in DX10 software mode. If not try using dx9 hardware mode, but i'd suggest you buy a graphics card like a 9800gtx for around £100
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram
Thanks, now I can stop trying to make it work and just playWink
(12-30-2008, 08:56 PM)azure6610 Wrote: Try running in DX10 software mode. If not try using dx9 hardware mode, but i'd suggest you buy a graphics card like a 9800gtx for around £100
if you find a way how to put a 9800GTX into a laptop please tell me as I would like to upgrade mine as well Tongue