DX12 Support in PCSX2
It's arbitrary in the sense that you are locked in to Win10 if you want to make any use of it. Vulkan doesn't have that limitation, working on Win 7, 8/8.1, 10, and Linux.

@refrac

I doubt AMD would somehow mess up Vulkan support especially considering Vulkan was literally built off Mantle Tongue2

Sponsored links

(01-17-2016, 09:33 PM)NarooN Wrote: @refrac

I doubt AMD would somehow mess up Vulkan support especially considering Vulkan was literally built off Mantle Tongue2

That's what I'm hoping Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-17-2016, 08:52 PM)refraction Wrote: I think Vulkan is the better future for PCSX2, especially considering our Linux support, the two API's will provide similar functionaliy, lets just hope AMD haven't completely balls'd up Vulkan support like they did OpenGL Tongue

Really doubt it. It would take a miracle to screw it up. A vulkan or dx12 driver should be quite simple compared to openGL or dx<12.

(01-17-2016, 09:33 PM)NarooN Wrote: It's arbitrary in the sense that you are locked in to Win10 if you want to make any use of it. Vulkan doesn't have that limitation, working on Win 7, 8/8.1, 10, and Linux.

@refrac

It's lame that windows 10 sucks so much. If it was as good as windows 7 I'd be on it already.
(01-17-2016, 09:58 PM)dogen Wrote: Really doubt it. It would take a miracle to screw it up. A vulkan or dx12 driver should be quite simple compared to openGL or dx<12.
Hopefully, they did the bare minimum for OpenGL though, which is why I'm slightly concious of it, should be fine though.

(01-17-2016, 09:58 PM)dogen Wrote: It's lame that windows 10 sucks so much. If it was as good as windows 7 I'd be on it already.

I've been using windows 10 since release pretty much. After installing Classic Shell (yeh, new start menu still doesn't have me happy) and using Spybot Anti-Beacon to turn off the telemetry crap, I'm very happy with how it works.

(01-17-2016, 10:00 PM)refraction Wrote: Hopefully, they did the bare minimum for OpenGL though, which is why I'm slightly concious of it, should be fine though.

I've been using windows 10 since release pretty much.  After installing Classic Shell (yeh, new start menu still doesn't have me happy) and using Spybot Anti-Beacon to turn off the telemetry crap, I'm very happy with how it works.

True, but they got a 1+ year head start because of mantle. I think it'l be fine, along with dx12 support.

Spybot Anti-Beacon? Hmm. Might upgrade if it works well..
(01-17-2016, 10:11 PM)dogen Wrote: Spybot Anti-Beacon? Hmm. Might upgrade if it works well..

Works pretty well, you can set it to automatically block on startup if an update turns some back on (which it does on occasion) so yeh, pretty good tool Smile

Sorry for the OT

Sorry to say but the Spybot Anti beacon software download is not working seeing as how their box.net account is overloaded with downloads. Hopefully you can share a proper link to the software refraction. I hate when companies use things like dropbox and box whent hey know the download is going to get very popular and those sites don't like popular downloads.
I'd like a link to the spybot as well if possible. Also refraction can I take your answer as the direction towards which pcsx2 wants to head? Supporting vulkan?

Edit: I just tried getting spybot of their forum and it worked fine, I did it on mobile though.
(01-17-2016, 10:00 PM)refraction Wrote: Hopefully, they did the bare minimum for OpenGL though, which is why I'm slightly concious of it, should be fine though.

I've been using windows 10 since release pretty much. After installing Classic Shell (yeh, new start menu still doesn't have me happy) and using Spybot Anti-Beacon to turn off the telemetry crap, I'm very happy with how it works.

Yeah i like windows 10 but wasnt a fan of the new start menu either, so i bought Start10, looks alot better now and has many customizing options Smile
PC SPECS - MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G, I7 4790K @ 4GHZ, 16GB RAM, WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT

GAME DOCK ICONS MADE BY ME - http://30011887.deviantart.com/gallery/
(01-18-2016, 07:03 PM)JOHN30011887 Wrote: Yeah i like windows 10 but wasnt a fan of the new start menu either, so i bought Start10, looks alot better now and has many customizing options Smile

You realise Classic Shell was free and did the same thing right? Tongue