DX12 Support in PCSX2
There is no ERROR in PCSX2 (except if you broken intel driver). However extension is very recent and so far it seems only Nvidia support it.
Quote: Approved by the Khronos Board of Promoters on May 8, 2015.

Sponsored links

huh. the extension is not generally usable? what does it actually do? description looks like the driver doesn't reset the device to a default or safe state. or handles errors. just lets you ram the next commands into it. weird. Laugh ofc you gotta deal with the unexpected behaviour from rendering from a 'fault state' on frame start or inbetween... neh? is that it?
Each GL commands check the validity of parameters against the current state. It burns cpu cycle but it avoid undetermined behavior if parameters are bad. This extension disables the check and relies only on the quality of the application. GSdx doesn't generate any errors so it must be safe.
okay. if you say so. it's a lil like a more release config then.?. and a lil removed 'api overhead'. i get that.
Yes exactly. It removes debug stuff Wink Looking at the benchmark above, either API overhead is barely reduced or API overhead isn't that big.
To be honest due to me not being very fond of microsoft windows 10 and not thinking DX12 would do that much to emulation i was never interested in it, but looking up dolphin's build using DX12 i'm starting to think otherwise, now i'm not saying its going to be a magical tool which skyrockets every game to playable speeds, since the CPU limit is still there i'm not saying anything like that, but it does look to improve things, especially for heavier GPU games like Xenosaga and Zone of Enders for instance, it should also help push more internal resolution. Due to DX12 implementation i've seen quite some interesting 4k gameplay videos with dolphin. Personally i'm starting to think that its worth trying to implement it in gsdx.
Dx12 with dolphin emulator made hardly any difference for me with many games but thats prob cause iv got a powerful Pc, it would help people with a weaker pc i guess, but saying that it fixed the game Donkey kong country freeze as he was invisible under opengl or dx11 etc but with dx12 he is visible again, games like crash the wrath of cortex and spyro enter the dragonfly still had drops to 30fps but thats cause of cpu (variable framerate) so dx12 made no difference
PC SPECS - MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G, I7 4790K @ 4GHZ, 16GB RAM, WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT

GAME DOCK ICONS MADE BY ME - http://30011887.deviantart.com/gallery/
They'd be better off waiting for Vulkan to get released and implementing that instead. It's OS-agnostic for the most part rather than having an arbitrary Win10 requirement. More users would be able to take advantage of it.
I think Vulkan is the better future for PCSX2, especially considering our Linux support, the two API's will provide similar functionaliy, lets just hope AMD haven't completely balls'd up Vulkan support like they did OpenGL Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-17-2016, 08:48 PM)NarooN Wrote: They'd be better off waiting for Vulkan to get released and implementing that instead. It's OS-agnostic for the most part rather than having an arbitrary Win10 requirement. More users would be able to take advantage of it.

It's not exactly arbitrary.. they've designed it around the new os driver model which give some benefits(I don't think they apply to pcsx2 though).