DX9 working, DX10 fail
Hi, I'm using GSdx 890 0.1.14 with the latest beta of PCSX2.
DX9 works correctly but 10 fails: the gs plugin failed to open/initialize. But i've Vista, so the DX10 should work fine.
I have an Intel Express 965 GPU.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Your Q965 onboard graphics only supports pixel shader 2.0 and DirectX9.0c.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA
From one of intel's website's:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/in...011807.htm

DirectX* 10 is supported only with the desktop Intel® G35, G41, G43, & G45 Express Chipsets and Mobile Intel® GL40, GM45, GM965, and GS45 Express Chipsets when using the latest Intel® graphics drivers for Microsoft Windows Vista*.

So, your integrated GPU only supports DX9
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Wait, dxdiag says i'm using DX10, i'm under vista and aero is working fine. Hos could it be?

Moreover my GPU is in that list: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, and the Intel Online updater show Intel® GM965 as model of my graphic card.
actually that chipset has the video card intel X3100 (because its a laptop, i suppose). I think that an update was made to make that card support DX10 (according to wikipedia, anyway) however this type of cards are very bad handling it, so you will be stuck witDx9, no matter what (I have a better card than yours, but still intel integrated, and I cant use Dx10, probably because the same)
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
A 965 is SM 2.0, DX9.0c, vista is using DX10, but your vga can't use it.
(06-06-2009, 01:16 AM)reiguz Wrote: Wait, dxdiag says i'm using DX10
That only says what version of DirectX is installed not being used. If you check the display tab there should be a part where it says the DDI version you're using that's what's important. Win7 says DirectX 11 while im using DDI v 10 for example.

Quote:, i'm under vista and aero is working fine. Hos could it be?
In order for Aero to work you only need a DirectX9 compatible card with PS 2.0 which your integrated has.

Quote:Moreover my GPU is in that list: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, and the Intel Online updater show Intel® GM965 as model of my graphic card.
In that case did you get the latest drivers for it? maybe that's what you're missing.
(06-06-2009, 01:46 AM)GoldenX Wrote: A 965 is SM 2.0, DX9.0c, vista is using DX10, but your vga can't use it.

Im agree with that beacuse i have installed once windows vista with a dx9 card and in dxdiag it says me dx10,but try with another 3d game on pc and it will give you an error