Dance Dance Revolution: Supernova - Some songs crash emulator
Attached by compression in .rar format.

Sponsored links

Okay, i've tried the other Pad plugins, and it still freezes mid song.

It can be entirely random, and I have a feeling it has something to do with that DMA error that lurks after the intro of DDR: Supernova, causing the game to freeze, too. Also, it seems the arrows may not be 100% accurate, though the emulator does its' best to "Remain" @ region FPS as much as possible.

Thank you guys for hearing me out Smile.
what DMA error? i dont know about this ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Hey refraction!

Oh, from a comment earlier said by "MyDreamName" in this very thread. I don't see that error exactly as he does, but I experience the same "issue". He gets a "DMA Ch.1 does not terminate" error with a freeze/sound loop after the intro of DDR: Supernova. I get the freeze/sound loop more often than the intro, but with no error messages shown.
Can you try the latest svn build for me?

(06-02-2012, 02:37 AM)refraction Wrote: Can you try the latest svn build for me?

I'm currently on r5260, with the same result :/.

I've tried multiple gamepads, (PS2 to PC, PS3 via bluetooth) to be certain it wasn't a USB port issue (trying to cross off any and all possibilities).
I need you to give me the whole message then if you can, I need to see all. The numbers that accompany the does not terminate message

(05-29-2012, 01:00 AM)bananaclawz Wrote: I've attached it here.  I had r5210 before, now i've tried 5227 with the same results.

So, let me get this straight..

A Developer on here swore we need a powerful CPU to get timings right in Dance Dance games so that Arrows Sync?   This thread is a decade old.  Decade later Emulator is still ***** through Lies.

Yet, you STILL cannot get the timings correct?  Are you Limited in your mental capacity?  Do I need to Donate more money than I already have.  Did this really originate from a Q6600, to a 2700k, and NOW a 10700k Processor?  You lied DECADES worth to save additional work.
No developer in here "swore we needed a powerful CPU to get the timings right", I just checked your whole thread, nobody said a word. At the time we wouldn't have known the issue was not due to PC's not being powerful enough anyway, since at the time PC's probably struggled to handle the damn game.

and yes, the timings are STILL a problem, nobody has really looked in to it. And thanks for any donations you have made in the past, we don't accept donations anymore. It will likely get looked in to at some point, it just hasn't yet.

(08-18-2020, 10:10 AM)refraction Wrote: No developer in here "swore we needed a powerful CPU to get the timings right", I just checked your whole thread, nobody said a word. At the time we wouldn't have known the issue was not due to PC's not being powerful enough anyway, since at the time PC's probably struggled to handle the damn game.

and yes, the timings are STILL a problem, nobody  has really looked in to it.  And thanks for any donations you have made in the past, we don't accept donations anymore.  It will likely get looked in to at some point, it just hasn't yet.

Broo Look at any problem linked to Dance Dance Revolution on PS2.  Some whom you represent swore the CPU needed to be powerful enough to get the arrows in correct sync to others.  I deep searched this on here a long while ago.

My upgrade Instinct hit last week.  After 9 years it feels good ❤.  Would love to show pics.  However, Arrows are still astonishingly off.  I honor your reply and won't pursue any further ❤