Dark Cloud 2 Busy Lag and Cell Graphics
Hello. I am just trying out PCSX2 and I decided to play Dark Cloud 2. 
I have my emulator settings set to 1 preset, and I have my naive set to 2x.
I was wondering why the games still lags during random spots and cutscenes.
I also wanted to know if there was anyway to reduce or turn off cell graphics, such as the colored borders around characters.

These are my specs, and I am running on a laptop.

Processor; Intel® Core™ i7
CPU; 2.20GHz
Video Card; AMD FirePro
RAM; 16 GB
Operating System; Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The safest preset will disable some speedhacks which are known to improve performance with little to no compatibility impact. Best practice is to keep it on the Safe preset, if you're going to use a preset at all.
(05-24-2018, 12:34 AM)pandubz Wrote: The safest preset will disable some speedhacks which are known to improve performance with little to no compatibility impact. Best practice is to keep it on the Safe preset, if you're going to use a preset at all.

I have it set to safe already.

(05-23-2018, 06:05 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

It doesn't crash or anything, the speed just slows to around 50%, would the emulog be necessary?
Yeah, it would probably still help.