Dark Cloud 2 - Choppy Sound
Watching the shots.

You should set the aspect ratio to 4:3 and Custom window size to 1600x1200 not 1600x1002. I'm not sure if this works anyway? Cause it still doesn't work here. Tongue
If you use 'custom' internal resolution stay with 4/3 fixed ones or kinda 'native' aspect, due oversampling non-aspect-correct surfaces. So 1024x768 or even 1600x1200 should be fine. If it's not native, anyway.
Not really sure what 'Allow 8-bit textures' does, if not generate a dependant texture read on the GPU? But its a two sided sword. Just try what is faster.

Everything else looks 'compatible'. But it'll probably not fix your sound problems. Just try to fix the blurry graphics.

Sponsored links

OK let's take it step by step.
First, the 'bluriness' is NOT a bug and has nothing to do with SPU2 plugins. If you check 'native' in GSdx the game gets rendered in the original PS2 resolution which is very low, thus video output appears blurry.

Now about the sound issues, they are probably because you don't get full speed and/or because of speed hacks. Use SPU2-X for sound, set it to XAudio 2 and keep 'native' checked in GSdx for maximum speed. If that still doesn't solve it, on speed hacks turn down the EE cycle speed hack as it is known to cause sound problems.

Edit: Custom window size has no effect whatsoever or emulation, it is just the size of the window, not the resolution the game will be rendered into. No matter which internal res you'll use it will get stretched to your window / desktop size so that doesn't matter much either.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-11-2010, 08:16 AM)haxor Wrote: Watching the shots.

You should set the aspect ratio to 4:3 and Custom window size to 1600x1200 not 1600x1002. I'm not sure if this works anyway? Cause it still doesn't work here. Tongue
If you use 'custom' internal resolution stay with 4/3 fixed ones or kinda 'native' aspect, due oversampling non-aspect-correct surfaces. So 1024x768 or even 1600x1200 should be fine. If it's not native, anyway.
Not really sure what 'Allow 8-bit textures' does, if not generate a dependant texture read on the GPU? But its a two sided sword. Just try what is faster.

Everything else looks 'compatible'. But it'll probably not fix your sound problems. Just try to fix the blurry graphics.

did i mention my monitor is 16:10, not 16:9? putting it at 1600x1200 is stretched on my monitor. and for some reason, i set it to 1600x1000, and it auto changed it to 1002.

btw, bosit, in case you didn't read back, i have NEVER had any problems with speed. my computer by far outweighs the emulator's requirements.

right now i'm using an internal res of 1600x1002, which makes it look pretty decent.

i'm still getting slightly choppy sound, but i'ma work on that.

edit
===
using SPU2-X, i'm still missing sound effects, even when on native res.

edit
====
maybe this will give you a bit more of an idea of what i'm looking at when i use native.

teh first is native, teh second is custom set.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Intel Core 2 Quad CPUQ6700 @ 2.66GHz -- 4GB RAM -- GeForce GTS 450 -- Azza Solano 1000R Gaming Tower -- Win7 x64 SP1 -- Westinghouse 32" TV
[Image: 16373199.png]
Quote:edit
===
using SPU2-X, i'm still missing sound effects, even when on native res.

I already told you native res cannot affect sound in any way. Also the game you're showing is Kingdom Hearts 2 and NOT Dark Cloud 2.....I have the game and effects, music etc play perfect with SPU2-X. Did you try my suggestions or ignored them?

Quote:edit
====
maybe this will give you a bit more of an idea of what i'm looking at when i use native.

teh first is native, teh second is custom set.

I already answered you for that.
Quote:First, the 'bluriness' is NOT a bug and has nothing to do with SPU2 plugins. If you check 'native' in GSdx the game gets rendered in the original PS2 resolution which is very low, thus video output appears blurry.
i did try your suggestion, and i just told you exactly what happened.

SOMEHOW the video running on native or not CAN affect teh audio. using PEOPS with native, i have NO sound problems at all, without native, i have minor effects missing.

one way or the other though, with SPU2-X, i have the missing SE's.

as for it being KH2, it happaned to be teh last thing i was playing. i have teh same problems in DC2. i can get you pics of that if need be...

heck if you REALLY want, i'll make you a video PROVING what i'm saying.
Intel Core 2 Quad CPUQ6700 @ 2.66GHz -- 4GB RAM -- GeForce GTS 450 -- Azza Solano 1000R Gaming Tower -- Win7 x64 SP1 -- Westinghouse 32" TV
PeoPs has horribly broken timing that can break emulation in many ways, so it might somehow get affected by other parts of emulation. That's why I suggested using SPU2-X.
You never mentioned if you turned down the speed hack I told you that breaks sound....
So you mean you have missing sound effects in both games? Post your SPU2-X configuration. I'm not doubting you are getting these problems, I don't need a video, I just know that it's a configuration problem since I have both games and both work fine here.
i did turn down the speed hack, that didn't make a difference in teh slightest. (video or audio wise).

and since the res is soooo terrible in native, i refuse to play it in native. i get NO visual lagg from not doing so, so i just need to get sound workign properly, which as you say is unaffected by the res.

hope you can come up with somethign i cant.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OK, try setting Interpolation to None, if you still get missing sfx try Cubic, but I think none worked better for Kingdom Hearts games. No idea why you have problems with Dark Cloud 2 though.
VU Cycle stealing speed hack could cause skipping etc so try disabling that too.
ook, i tried both setting it to Nearest (i assume that what you meant, since there isn't a "None"), and cubic. neither restored the missing SE's, as well and turning down the VU Cycle hack.

EDIT!
======
ok, i turned off ALL teh hacks, and i've got SE's back ><

however their like a half second off (which to me can get quite annoying). any help with that?

sorry about all this mess, i'm used to having a MUCH older video card, and NEEDING those speed hacks to get full speed (even with native QQ)
Gah all this time and it was the stupid hacks...should have told you to disable them all from the start. All you can do is reduce the latency on the SPU2-X configuration or maybe try Dsound it might have less latency.