Dark Cloud 2 FPS Issue?
Hello all!

I am having an issue with the FPS in Dark Cloud 2. Using the settings I will post, I completed Kingdom Hearts 2 with an average FPS of about 60, and also played Atelier Iris with virtually the same results.

My computer is a Q6600 2.4 quad, graphics card is a GeForce 8500 GT 512, 4 gigs of ram, running Vista so DirectX 10.

Using GSdx890 SSE3, DirectED10 (Hardware), internal res tried 512x512 and native, NLOOP hack have tried off, on and gray, texture filtering checked, wait vsync not checked.

CPU, I have everything on the left checked (EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, and MTGS), and have frames limited to 64 FPS.

Speed hacks, have tried various combinations but am currently running 2x Cycle on EE Sync, and all the additional speed hacks checked as well.

And finally, advanced options. For EE Recs: I have chop/zero under Round Mode, none under clamp mode, both FtZ and DaZ checked.

For VU Recs, the settings are the same as EE Recs.

Sorry for all the detail but figure I'd try to get it all out there in one post. As I said, these settings ran KH2 without any problem at all other than occasional FPS drop to 50 during the slowmo parts at the end of boss battles and the like. Any help would be more than appreciated!

Sponsored links

I get the same issues with Rogue Galaxy..same game engine I think. I suspect its not something a hardware upgrade will solve (unless you do overclocking via liquid nitro). I have an 8400 and no amount of tinkering has been able to solve the terrible framerates on this or rogue galaxy. The game itself seems to run flawlessly..if you dont mind 1fps. I hope they can find a way to run this more efficiently but i suspect it wont be easy since this game seems to have some weird code. Even when I turn sound completely off it still runs too slow.Sad since DC2 has one of the best soundtracks for the ps2.
What speed do you have on Dark Cloud 2?
Was anyone ever able to get this game running at full speed? I've been trying but can't seem to get passed 40fps. There are a few rare moments of 60fps, though.
•Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz•GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R
•OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600•SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870
I haven't tried this game so I can't offer any facts, but have you tried using the latest revision of the GSdx plugin? Also, do you have the latest beta of PCSX2? Having those may give significant speed boosts, but it probably comes down to needing a faster CPU clock rate.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
(07-04-2009, 07:46 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote: I haven't tried this game so I can't offer any facts, but have you tried using the latest revision of the GSdx plugin? Also, do you have the latest beta of PCSX2? Having those may give significant speed boosts, but it probably comes down to needing a faster CPU clock rate.

Yeah, I've got the latest beta and GSdx plugin. The i7 isn't fast enough? lol... Oh well, I don't want to risk stability by overclocking it. Guess I just won't be playing DK2.
•Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz•GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R
•OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600•SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870
3,6ghz needed and yes! works perfect! also with high internal res
I5 - 2320 @ 3,0 Ghz - 8 GbyteDDR2 1333 Mhz - Geforce 8800 GTS 512 Mbyte - Win 7x64 - Samsung 32" TV HD-Ready
Uomo saggio il cielo aiuta.
(07-05-2009, 10:29 AM)spike1977 Wrote: 3,6ghz needed and yes! works perfect! also with high internal res

Not that much needed. When i had my Quad at 2.83Ghz stock i could achieve full speed with some speed hacks on...=P
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850