Dark Cloud 2 Graphic Issues
Hey guys,
I've been searching around the site and not having much luck so I figured I'd ask. I've been playing Dark Cloud 2 from ISO. I have to run from the ISO to run at a normal rate, I have the game but I guess my dvd drive isn't cool enough. So from the ISO I have normal fps and sound. Gameplay works perfectly. I'm having a lot of issues with extra characters in the text, the item screen is a mess. I've tried messing with settings in the plugins and what not but nothing seems to be helping. I'll try to post some links to screen caps of the problem and some of my specs.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/o.../prob1.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/o.../prob2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/o...lugins.png
I'd appreciate any help I could get. My system shouldn't have any issues running this. I don't have any speed hacks or patches running and I made sure DirectX is up to date.

Sponsored links

Have u tried using software renderer mode in GSDx configuration ? Try to disable speedhacks if your PC is capable enough ~.~
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Tried it in software instead of hardware, fixed the issues but ruined my fps. I am not using any speed hacks. Speed hacks did not help to restore my fps in software mode.
I've got an intel i7 quad 3.2ghz with 6gb of ddr2
(03-22-2010, 04:01 AM)oldmanpac Wrote: Tried it in software instead of hardware, fixed the issues but ruined my fps. I am not using any speed hacks. Speed hacks did not help to restore my fps in software mode.
I've got an intel i7 quad 3.2ghz with 6gb of ddr2

That's right, bear with it since software renderer doesn't use GPU power. And Pcsx2 only use 2 cores to emulate. So what are the use of the other cores in quad ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Ok, so any suggestions on pickin the fps back up? The speed hacks don't seem to be helping.
(03-22-2010, 04:36 AM)oldmanpac Wrote: Ok, so any suggestions on pickin the fps back up? The speed hacks don't seem to be helping.

I don't have any of the graphical problem, and I am using the latest beta and plugin which can be found in the sticky section. Try it out and see if it solves it ( it should).
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
Guess I didn't realize I wasn't already using the latest beta since I downloaded this 2 days ago. So I grabbed the new beta, fixed the item menu. Noticed as I was playing that the text seems to get worse as I play. Could this be some sort of cache problem?
(03-22-2010, 06:17 AM)oldmanpac Wrote: Guess I didn't realize I wasn't already using the latest beta since I downloaded this 2 days ago. So I grabbed the new beta, fixed the item menu. Noticed as I was playing that the text seems to get worse as I play. Could this be some sort of cache problem?

Well, assuming you have everything else at default, it is probably a graphical problem. When I tested it, I did notice there was some very minor graphical glitch namely some white and black dots at the bottom of or around the text, but It was nothing like your picture. I could still see every letter quite clearly.

I used 2x scaling, dx 10 hardware with 8bit texture uncheck to test (eveything else default, both micro vu checked), and my game is NTSC- U/C.

Also, I have tested only a minute or 2, so I am not sure if it is a problem at later of the game ( I haven't really started playing dark cloud 1 and 2, so I try not to get too far and spoil myself).
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
(03-22-2010, 04:36 AM)oldmanpac Wrote: Ok, so any suggestions on pickin the fps back up? The speed hacks don't seem to be helping.
May I ask you what video card You're using right now? Smile

I had playing Dark Cloud 2 until chapter 7, and is i recall there's no problem like you had there! Smile

It's not that it run perfectly, but it's playable enough. Laugh

I'm using all speedhack with native's color mode. With Dx10 hardware renderer. Rolleyes
[i]~Many people find that there's no mercy left for such a small mistake.~[/i]
Now now, let make a valid logic. If u want to get good speed, u will need to use GPU as your renderer, this mean hardware rendering. But if u want to have perfect graphics, use software renderer mode in GSDx, but u will need to sacrifice some fps. Another method would be the CPU configuration to be configured.
if u want to get speed and nice-looking graphics while in game, u must use great GPU, somthing like GTX or Radeon HD 5xxx series and above. Pay attention! This doesn't mean u will always experience good gaming, though.

I'm sorry if i typed something that isn't valid or true. Please correct myself,thx.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G