Dark Cloud 2 On Mac Issue
I've been trying to get dark cloud 2 to work on the mac version of pcsx2 all day. Everything works just fine, except for the character models for max and monica. They don't appear most of the time, and when they do they are, well, not all there. If I switch to the ridepod, it's fine. Is there some kind of fix for this that I don't know about?

Computer details:
Mac OS X 10.6.5
ATI Radeon HD 4850
Intel Core i7 2.8GHz Quad Core.

PCSX2 (mac) Settings:
Graphics Plugin : ZeroOGS
Interlace Off
Bilinear Filtering Off
Anti-aliasing off
wireframe rendering off
wide screen on

No Game Fixes enabled

Advanced Options:
EE Recs round mode = chop/zero
EE Recs Clamp Mode = Normal
Flush to zero and denormals are zero both enabled.

VU Recs round mode = zero
VU Recs Clamp mode = Normal
VU Recs flush to zero and denormals are zero both enabled.

Thanks for the help in advance.

PS, running this on windows works fine, but much slower... I'd love to be able to get it running in Mac OS.

Sponsored links

I took some screen shots of what I'm experiencing with Dark Cloud 2. It has to be some kind of bug in the graphics plug-in or I'm just not setting it up right. It appears that the the Z-buffer checks are failing on the characters the player controls. Most of the time, the character fails to show up at all, but sometimes they appear like this:

This last picture makes it pretty obvious that the main character is being drawn behind the muscley guy for some reason.
Well, try to play with No-logz graphical option.
Thanks for your reply. I did try this after making my last post and seeing that something is wrong with the z-buffer. Enabling the No-logz graphical option did not change anything. I also tried all the other options that mentioned z in their name and partial depth and partial targets. None of these seemed to make any difference. I'm not sure what would cause the error, but I still think the last screenshot is the most revealing. Something isn't working on z-buffer/depth testing. Any other settings I could try or did I just stumble across an incompatibility issue?
Well, stecil buffer and target resolving could lead to some incorrect drawing. What ZZogl version number is it?
I'm using ZZOgl 0.21.204, since "It’s neccessary to enable 'No logarithmic Z' option to fix the missing textures issue" according to the downloads page.