Dark Cloud 2 Problem - PCSX2 Has Stopped Working
Hello there!

I have recently run into a little problem with this emulator, and while I realize this is a free service which is provided, I thought that you guys and gals may be able to help me with this issue that I have run into.

I am able to play the game fine, however, I have run into an issue which causes the emulator to shut down or crash.

When running into the cut scene that triggers when you try to enter stage 3 of the Underground Channel the cut scene itself plays fine. However, there is a small loading screen after this cut scene which causes the game and emulator to shut down. Not entirely sure what causes this. I have tried using the game disc and I have tried using an iso file, both of which do not allow the game to progress past this cut scene.

I suspect that this is an emulator issue rather than something that is on my end.

My system specs are as follows:

OS - Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit.
RAM - 8GB
GPU - Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming Edition 4 GB
CPU - Intel i5 4690k - 3.50 Ghz - 4 CPUS
HDD - 1.5 TB

Anyway if any of you could provide any tips or tricks that can get this lovely game running. Aside from dragging out my PS2 and playing it on there, I would be very grateful.

Screenshots are attached to the post.

Thank you very much for your assistance. Smile

Edit: It dawned on me that you guys may want to see my settings bios and graphical so I have attached screenshots of those as well. I have played other games successfully using these settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Please post the emulog.txt from when the crash occurs. And your PCSX2 Settings as well. (GSdx, Speedhacks, etc).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(05-07-2015, 12:55 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Please post the emulog.txt from when the crash occurs. And your PCSX2 Settings as well. (GSdx, Speedhacks, etc).

Hello there, thank you for answering my post.

It looks like it's impossible to post the text directly because the entire program stops working, however, I have attached a screenshot of what the log looks like when the game crashes. I hope that will suffice.

By settings, do you by any chance mean the bios settings? I have attached that to my original post in an edit. Smile

try re-ripping your game or playing from the disk
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(05-07-2015, 01:05 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: try re-ripping your game or playing from the disk

Tried that. I was playing from the original game disk for starters, then I downloaded an ISO to see if it was the game disk that was causing the issue. Since both an ISO and the original game disk caused the same issue to occur I'd assume it wasn't the game itself, but rather the emulator.

Edit: Attached are all my settings, aside from the bios and graphical settings which are attached to my original post. Once again thank you for your assistance. Smile

(05-07-2015, 01:04 AM)Ritual Ghoul Wrote: Hello there, thank you for answering my post.

It looks like it's impossible to post the text directly because the entire program stops working, however, I have attached a screenshot of what the log looks like when the game crashes. I hope that will suffice.

By settings, do you by any chance mean the bios settings? I have attached that to my original post in an edit. Smile

You can find the log in Documents\PCSX2\logs\emulog.txt

But from the screenshot I'd have to say it's either the disc or the ISO image like Nobbs suggested. Alternatively it could be the result of bad cheats too, are you running any?

[Edit] We can't provide you support for that downloaded ISO, so delete that and work with your original disc instead.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
(05-07-2015, 01:10 AM)Ryudo Wrote: You can find the log in Documents\PCSX2\logs\emulog.txt

But from the screenshot I'd have to say it's either the disc or the ISO image like Nobbs suggested. Alternatively it could be the result of bad cheats too, are you running any?

[Edit] We can't provide you support for that downloaded ISO, so delete that and work with your original disc instead.

It doesn't appear that it's saving the log from the crash, though I have attached it to this post anyhow. I don't think I'm running any cheats, however I've posted screenshots of all my settings, so perhaps you guys can see something there that I'm not aware of, since I'm relatively new to using a PS2 emulator.

Fair enough, I was expecting one of you to say something along those lines since it is technically copyright infringement. And was not something I wanted to do, only to check to see if it was a disc issue. Tongue

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 1,27 KB / Downloads: 139)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=55043]

In this one, set VU0 to microVU Recompiler and try again.
Also make sure you're not loading from a Save State, because you'll load the same bug again. Load from a Memory Card save instead.
(05-07-2015, 01:22 AM)Ryudo Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?aid=55043]

In this one, set VU0 to microVU Recompiler and try again.
Also make sure you're not loading from a Save State, because you'll load the same bug again. Load from a Memory Card save instead.

Doesn't make a difference, the program still crashes.
Well, thank you for your assistance anyway. :|
Check this out, search the forum a little and found this nugget of information which may help you http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dark-Clou...0#pid86590
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]