Dark Cloud 2 [USA] Slowdown
I tried running DC2 on the current build of PCSX2, and it ran, on average, around 40-60%. I thought it was my processor, but it only ran at 60% during the game's playing. Is anyone else getting this?

Specs:
Nvidia9800 GT
2.12Ghz dual-core processor
1GB RAM
Windows Vista

Sponsored links

Well, I don't know the game. But if it's 3D (or even 2D..) your cpu is kinda weak. OC would probably solve your problem.

I can suggest to use speedhacks for a lil bit more speed...
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
(03-29-2009, 07:54 PM)yunsabit Wrote: Well, I don't know the game. But if it's 3D (or even 2D..) your cpu is kinda weak. OC would probably solve your problem.

I can suggest to use speedhacks for a lil bit more speed...

I tried the speedhacks, I didn't notice any major changes in gamespeed.

I'm more curious as to why my processor only ran at 50-60% while running the game. Is there anyway to dedicate more processing power to PCSX2?
Don't worry, pcsx2 runs as fast as it can. The various readouts are not an actual representation of how much your cpu is used.
And yeah, don't expect a 3d game to run full speed on a "2ghz processor" (you didn't say which cpu, there's a lot of differences Tongue2 ).
(03-29-2009, 08:03 PM)rama Wrote: Don't worry, pcsx2 runs as fast as it can. The various readouts are not an actual representation of how much your cpu is used.
And yeah, don't expect a 3d game to run full speed on a "2ghz processor" (you didn't say which cpu, there's a lot of differences Tongue2 ).

It's an AMD Athlon, sorry. Heh, I can never remember the manufacturer.
Actually dark cloud 2 runs horrible on my e8400 as well (3.1ghz). It seems to be glitch free..just very very slow. Same with Rogue Galaxy which I think uses the same engine. Speed hacks dont really help. Very strange that Shadow of the Colossus runs fine however on my cpu.

Wolfdale e8400
3 gigs ram
ati 3850