Dark Cloud 2 loading issue. (possible bug report)
I am using the latest beta (3119) and latest plugins pack. and on level 3 of Dark Cloud i am getting a now loading white screen, and the debug in PCSX2 says this

[Image: capturede.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I know this is a problematic area of dark cloud, Out of the many copies i've used (3 rented, 1 from a friend, 1 owned(current)) it's always been slow to load here. but it seems completely frozen on PCSX2. getting .18FPS with 50% EE use no speed hacks.

Default configuration.

Any idea?

Just got this
Code:
..\..\FiFo.cpp(46) : assertion failed:
    Function:  ReadFIFO_VIF1
    Thread:    EE Core
    Condition: vif1Regs.stat.FQC != 0

Stacktrace:
[00] 013AB843                                    
[01] 01435CC0                                    
[02] 012D2048                                    
[03] 014C1FAF                                    
[04] 014C236B                                    
[05] ptw32_mutex_check_need_init                  
[06] endthreadex                                  
[07] endthreadex                                  
[08] BaseThreadInitThunk                          
[09] RtlInitializeExceptionChain                  
[10] RtlInitializeExceptionChain
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64

Sponsored links

PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings?

Try making/remaking an ISO of the game or running from the original disc and make sure speedhacks are disabled as well as trying to run from the last memcard save and not using save states.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-20-2010, 02:19 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings?

Try making/remaking an ISO of the game or running from the original disc and make sure speedhacks are disabled as well as trying to run from the last memcard save and not using save states.

no go on remaking the iso. or original disc (has no scratches i might add)
Settings are.

http://img840.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=pc...seeiop.png

Works in original PS2

EDIT: OKAY! so switching to software with EE compiler clamping set to full and vu0/vu01 clamping on chop+ preserve sign worked perfectly. i am now past the issue.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(09-20-2010, 02:34 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote:
(09-20-2010, 02:19 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings?

no go on remaking the iso. or original disc (has no scratches i might add)
Settings are.

http://img840.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=pc...seeiop.png

Works in original PS2

EDIT: OKAY! so switching to software with EE compiler clamping set to full and vu0/vu01 clamping on chop+ preserve sign worked perfectly. i am now past the issue.

I'm having the exact same problem as you were having... I have tried what you did above but it hasnt worked for me, I have all speedhacks off, I'm sure I have the same settings as you. Could you please post a image of the settings you changed to be sure? And what do you mean you changed on software,too? Thanks and hope for speedy answer, Soo want to play this as had it in closet for years covered in heavy dust, it's a great game.

Quote:I'm having the exact same problem as you were having... I have tried what you did above but it hasnt worked for me, I have all speedhacks off, I'm sure I have the same settings as you. Could you please post a image of the settings you changed to be sure? And what do you mean you changed on software,too? Thanks and hope for speedy answer, Soo want to play this as had it in closet for years covered in heavy dust, it's a great game.

He means he set GSdx on a software renderer (DX9 or DX10 whatever higher your system supports). Also make sure you are NOT loading from a save state but from a memory card save as you would do on a normal PS2 console
[Image: newsig.jpg]
yeah i got this error as well i have tried all the settings and plugins on 311.. and the lastest build of 0.9.7 any idea how to fix it. i can hear it trying to load but it just can't the emulator is still running tho. i dose this on dungon 1 lv 4
i just tryed my mates copy of dark cronical ie the dark cloud 2 EU version and it worked so it might just be the US version or a read error on the disk/iso
US one works fine here, try remaking your ISO or running it from the original disc with gigaherz cdvd plugin.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dark-Clou...ng-problem

It is a random bug in the game and can't be fixed unless a special fix or something is put into the pcsx2 to avoid the bug (if possible).
hi there,.... I'm having a problem@playing darkcloud 2,,,,,
here is the detail....
assertion failed FQC=0 on VIF FIFO READ!
..\..\FiFo.cpp(46) : assertion failed:
Function: ReadFIFO_VIF1
Thread: EE Core
Condition: vif1Regs.stat.FQC != 0

Stacktrace:
[00] 0x01481060
[01] 0x0163E888
[02] 0x01332B7F
[03] 0x0133307A
[04] ptw32_throw
[05] endthreadex
[06] endthreadex
[07] BaseThreadInitThunk
[08] RtlInitializeExceptionChain
[09] RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Do you have any idea...??? I already trying many method that came up in my mind,,,, but hopeless....
please help me