Dark Cloud 2, low FPS
Hello everyone,

I am attempting to play Dark Cloud 2 and after trial and error I got to the title screen. I noticed right away that the FPS was low, 30-50 FPS. I have been using the emulator long enough to know that when the FPS starts low, it will stay low. I have been playing Radiata Stories without any problems, 60 FPS all the time. I am just wondering why Dark Cloud would be giving me any problems. My system stats are:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
System Model M17xR3
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2820QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Alienware A06, 7/8/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.95 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.51 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 12.8 GB
Page File Space 7.95 GB

If you wish to know the settings on my emulator let me know.

Sponsored links

What are you waiting for then, tell us your settings Tongue

GSdx, speedhacks, anything you might think is relevant.
(11-13-2014, 05:33 AM)Coornio Wrote: What are you waiting for then, tell us your settings Tongue

GSdx, speedhacks, anything you might think is relevant.

I have PCSX2 1.2.1
My GSDx is Direct3D11 hardware
I have interlacing on for Radiata Stories
Resolution is set to Native,
I have 8-bit textures on

I have a few game fixes selected, the one for radiata stories obviously.
I have the speed hacks maxed out...
My EE stays at 99% so I figured I had some to spare. Which I did with it maxed my EE drops to 30-40. I also played around with the VU and maxed it out and it had no negative effects to I left it.
I then have every recommended speed hack checked as well.
That many speed hacks is gonna slow things down. Turn off the VU stealing for sure.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
make sure your laptop is plugged in and set to high performance.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Well I made those adjustments, even though my laptop is almost always in High Performance. I am curious though, as I am wondering if it is really working it's hardest. Usually when I played MMO's and the like, my computer sounded like it was actually working. When I run the emulator it does not seem like it is working hard enough. I even bring up the control panel and PCSx2 is not demanding much of the CPU. What do y'all think?
Also,

I have noticed that when I run the emulator and play with really bad FPS, that when I run it later on, like the next day, it runs like a dream. I have no idea why this happens.
(11-13-2014, 06:09 AM)orphen0025 Wrote: I have noticed that when I run the emulator and play with really bad FPS, that when I run it later on, like the next day, it runs like a dream.

(11-13-2014, 05:42 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: make sure your laptop is plugged in and set to high performance.

Can also be a heat issue. but most probably you had a different power configuration between both days. (Either plug or performance plan)