Dark Cloud 2 stuttering on frame skip.
Well, Dark Cloud 2 has made some ridiculously large improvements ever since earliest 9.6 build, but one thing that's killing it for me is the inability to turn on frame-skip without getting lots of stuttering during cutscenes.

Is this a known issue that's been resolved, or will it be awhile before Dark Cloud 2 functions without any instability effects?

I have searched the forum and Google for answers, but turned up empty handed.

Sponsored links

(07-19-2009, 10:07 PM)Typheus Wrote: Well, Dark Cloud 2 has made some ridiculously large improvements ever since earliest 9.6 build, but one thing that's killing it for me is the inability to turn on frame-skip without getting lots of stuttering during cutscenes.

Is this a known issue that's been resolved, or will it be awhile before Dark Cloud 2 functions without any instability effects?

I have searched the forum and Google for answers, but turned up empty handed.

if enabling frameskipping creates this stuttering, well, never thought about not enabling it? if frameskipping or speed hacks lead to choppy gameplay/ fmvs/sound, just don't use them. as simple as that. a game's instability with hacks is rarely a resolvable issue Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Well of course, but you ever thought of how scary an evil clown guy talking in slow motion is? Silent Cloud: Homecoming.

I was just hoping there might have been a fix I didn't come across. Even though I can deal with the slowdowns, it would have been nice to just have a typical frame skip like on many PC games instead of the awkward emulator slowdowns.
They aren't the same as pc games ( the number of games that work with it are very very small) so try using different numbers if it still does not work like you want, live with it or don't use.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
(07-19-2009, 11:07 PM)Typheus Wrote: Well of course, but you ever thought of how scary an evil clown guy talking in slow motion is? Silent Cloud: Homecoming.

I was just hoping there might have been a fix I didn't come across. Even though I can deal with the slowdowns, it would have been nice to just have a typical frame skip like on many PC games instead of the awkward emulator slowdowns.

well of course, but you ever thought of how different the pc and ps2 are? Wink

btw, do you really have to use frameskipping? are the speed hacks not enough to achieve playable speeds for you? cause then you're probably better off playing it on the real hardware.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ

Like I said, the speeds really didn't pose much of a problem, but more of an annoyance. Far as I can tell from the first battle scene with 5 enemies on screen at once, I'll be fine.

And I realize that the PS2 isn't the same as a PC, which is obviously why the frame skip wouldn't work perfectly in the first place. Doesn't mean it would hurt to inquire about it.
You can try setting the "Vu cycle stealing" speedhack to the max, I believe someone got a huge help from this.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
i never had a problem with the games speed but i have this problem when i try to invent using ideas it crash's once i start inventing.

i am using GSdx 1538 with Dx 10 with native res and just allow 8-bit textures. i haven't been messing with the sound its ok but i little choppy.
i use zeroSPU2 r1455 right now it works fine with everything.
AM2+ 9950 2.6 (overclocked to 3.0) 512KB L2+2MB L3 cache
IBM GeForce 8600 256 DDR3 128-bit
4G DDR2 dual channel 1066 RAM