Dark Cloud 2: unstable speed
(10-31-2011, 03:20 AM)Rezard Wrote: Actually, the GTS 250 is a pretty close equivalent to the HD 5770.

On your CPU situation; Have you considered overclocking?
I have OC'd a similar processor, and providing your mobo has the options, I'd figure yours would do 3.4-3.6Ghz easy (on stock voltage and cooling). That should be about right for your needs here, too.

If you're gonna buy a new CPU, I'd say go for the Intel Core i series, for sure.
There isn't much faster AMD processors out there then what you've got.

Yeah, I've read about overclocking it, but I'm nowhere as tech savvy as I should be. I'm sure I'll blow up the house or something while trying to do that.

As for the new processor, I was already recommended the i5. Is there a particular motherboard I should get that gets along fine with it and my video card? And, more importantly, are there any hardware names I should be away from while using PCSX2? Like, pieces of hardware that are outright imcompatible with the emulator? I probably should ask this question over at the Dolphin forums as well.
I have no sig!

Sponsored links

Hardware to stay away from with PCSX2?
Laugh That'd be AMD processors (unless on a strict budget).
I mean-- They work and all, but lack the clock-for-clock performance of Intel's, and thier long awaited new FX processors are a bit of a flop...

As for the i5; are you going for a 2500K?
Cause the only worry about the mobo would be that you can OC. Get a P67 or Z68 (not H61 or H67). Also, any board with a PCI-E x16 should run your GPU just fine.

On your OCing worries, I do understand. Your current would involve a few more changes in the BIOS, but I want to assure you-- OCing a 2500K/2600K is extremely easy. Not just in comparison, but in general. Wink