Dark Cloud Cheat adventures.
So I'm trying to get some cheats working using the tools in this site, Omniconverter, Multiconverter, and PCSX2CE. So far I have no luck with Multiconverter, but have luck with Omni converter and PCSX2CE on trying to get some cheats to work.

So here is the problem, I've been trying to load some cheats in from Action Replay MAX from the following website: Action Replay. The Cheats that I was trying to load is the first 4, however everytime I try to use these cheats, I end up getting black screened when I enter the divine beast cave, which is the first dungeon in the game.

That kinda sucks because those are the cheats that I am looking for, as other places don't have a all-in-one cheats for all weapons to not have durability damage. So Now I have to find those kinda cheats, which works btw from this website: Codebreaker Codes. The cheats work but my one issue with the codes here is the the infinite absorption (which is the EXP of the weapon) will only go up to 99, so once you go beyond that in the first +9 on your first weapon, you can no longer gain any absorption points or level up further because it's stuck on 99, and not 999. it's not the right kinda cheat I'm looking for which is basically 1 hit, max it out at the max it can support. I also kinda wish there was just a plain universal "no weapon durability loss" on all weapons, so that it will remain on it's max and not go ALL across the screen.

Do anyone found anything that I am looking for that works? Just searching for no weapon durability loss, and 1 hit max out absorption.

Sponsored links

Okay, first, which region of Dark Cloud do you own? NTSC-U or PAL? Because Action Replay MAX cheats were meant to be applied on the PAL version (European) of the game, which explains the crashing you encountered. Whereas Codebreaker codes was for NTSC-U (American) version of the said games.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(01-10-2021, 05:48 PM)BloodRaynare Wrote: Okay, first, which region of Dark Cloud do you own? NTSC-U or PAL? Because Action Replay MAX cheats were meant to be applied on the PAL version (European) of the game, which explains the crashing you encountered. Whereas Codebreaker codes was for NTSC-U (American) version of the said games.

Oh i forgot to address that, I was using the NTSC-U. Thanks for telling this info btw, is there a way where we can convert these Action replay codes to work with NTSU-U by any chance? forging new codes?
(01-11-2021, 12:06 AM)darkedone02 Wrote: Oh i forgot to address that, I was using the NTSC-U. Thanks for telling this info btw, is there a way where we can convert these Action replay codes to work with NTSU-U by any chance? forging new codes?

Well, to port the equivalent of the PAL codes to the NTSC ones, it involves using Cheat Engine and also a PAL copies of the game.
Anyway, have you checked the codes from here: https://gamehacking.org/game/103475 ?
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(01-11-2021, 12:41 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: Well, to port the equivalent of the PAL codes to the NTSC ones, it involves using Cheat Engine and also a PAL copies of the game.
Anyway, have you checked the codes from here: https://gamehacking.org/game/103475 ?

I never knew the existence of this site, and google never did pop it up for me when it comes down to delving for cheats, thanks for this btw.

I am familar with cheat engine on the usage of it, but I never did make cheats off of cheat engine due to my limited knowledge of making them. I see people can make pointers to the address of the cheat, and Array of Bytes just in case the address of the cheat keeps moving from every restart or patch (which we don't have to worry about on retro games on the patch part).
comment=dc1
gametitle=dc1

//patch=1,EE,11CDD8B4,extended,00000009
patch=1,EE,11CDD8B6,extended,00000009
patch=1,EE,11CDD8B8,extended,00000009
patch=1,EE,11CD431C,extended,0000270F

description:
unlimited use of active item e.g. bombs,revival powders.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel