Dark Cloud - Weird Problems.
Wasn't sure if this is really a bug, could be something on my end so I didn't want to bring it up as a bug or whatnot.

Well, with Hardware or Software mode, I have to either deal with a shaky screen or black lines going through my screen. Tried messing with Micro and SuperVU with no changes whatsoever. I guess my CPU does not support SSE4 (no idea what that means honeslty) and both SSE2 and SSE3 have no changes to the way things run for me. If I switch over to Weave Interlacing it stops the shaking, but it gives me black lines and slightly less frame rates especially while moving. Bob and Blend both just slow things down, along with black lines through the screen.

Computer Specs-
GTX 260
4 Gbs DDR3 RAM
Intel Dual Core @2.6 Ghz~
Hitachi 250GB HDD[/u]

If I'm missing anything that could play a roll in this, let me know. o:

Sponsored links

you killed my eyes with that. please write in white....
what version of pcsx2 are you using? use 1888 and march plugins if you dont. or try the latest svn builds but no support for them in the forum
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Sorry, the color actually looks just fine for me to be honest, but I am using what you just said, using 1888 and the march plugins. Also using Windows Vista 32 bit Service Pack 2 fully updated.

Forgot to add, no speedhacks or any junk like that, I kept everything at default and tried toying with clamping as well, nothing seems to solve it overall.
try putting those like in the photo while using software mode (the fps will drop by allot but i hope it fixes it) or else use the latest svn builds and pray its fxed there

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
I'll give it a go and edit this post with the results, then try out the SVN version.

Just did what I figured, slowed it to a halt, and then on top of that it went back to shaking about. I guess I'll see if they fixed things on the unofficial PCSX and see if they've had any luck. Thanks for the quick replies.
I've played around 9 hours of darkcloud. R1888 actually runs darkcloud a bit faster compare to the latest svn, and with blend bff, the shakes pretty much gone. I've got around 68fps with or without blend bff in the second village, and it varies depends on places. I don't get full speed all the time, and looking at your cpu, I don't think you will get full speed all the time. Speed hacks don't seem to help with the game, so I have them off all the time. After all, it really is your cpu slows your game down.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
his problem is not the speed...
Yeah, CKL you just seem like you came to gloat and help out that epeen. There is no problem in speed, I sit at constant 60 FPS if I let the shaking stay. I've yet to have a problem with my CPU and playing PS2 games. If you have anything useful to say why not post that instead?
If I understand you correctly, your problem is the shaky screen right? What I have suggested and you have already tried is to use interlace blend mode, yet you don't believe it is a fix because you had fps dropped?

What I was trying to say in the previous reply is that the difference of fps between having and not having interlace mode is not too much, and it was based on a quick test I tried before I posted my reply. Since you've menteioned that you had experienced a significant drop in fps after having it on, so in respond to that, I pointed out your cpu may not be fast enough for the game resulting in what you got.

In addition, I just tried gsdx 3011, and it was pretty much the same result. Since using interlace mode fixes the problem, I don't think there will be another fix for it, well, not in a near future anyway.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
It isn't the frame rate drop that is the problem, it goes from a drop in frame rate AND adds lines in the picture. If I could run it slowly with a clean picture that would justify it all, but it doesn't. Please read EVERYTHING before thinking you have. A shaking screen down to lines in the picture is not a fix.