Dark Cloud poor performance
are you using software rendering?
perhaps post your screenshot of setting could explain more
i completed this game flawlessly back when i was using [email protected] and 3x upscalings with GTS 250 as graphic crad.
compares to your i3( which you didn't mention exactly the model i bet it's a laptop) i think e7400 3.5g is not that better
and even you got intel onboard graphic but set the resolution to native at least lets you play it at some playable speed.
unless you're using software rendering

remember latest svn of pcsx2 have a new mtvu hack will get you some obvious speed boost if you have multi-core or multi-thread cpu
yes, few screenshot of your system and pcsx2 settings will be nice

Sponsored links

The i3 cpus are dualcore only its the i5s and i7s that are quad and then depending on the model of i5 you may end up with a dual core instead of a quad. Need model numbers and we can perhaps get some settings that will work better for your system.
I've played Dark Cloud enough on a 1.8Ghz core duo to say that it is not your CPU but rather your GPU that is the issue.

If it is only a little slow(but I guess its very slow because of your GPU being Integrated) then you can do a few things with your computer that may decrease background load on your GPU like switching off Windows Aero back to Windows Classic among other things.

Things that have have a little bit of graphical load, your CPU is fine for Dark Cloud.
<REDACTED>