Dark cloud low FPS during gameplay
Frameskip only really helps when you're limited by the graphics card/gs plugin, if you are currently limited by the CPU all you'll get with frameskip is choppy gameplay and minimal to no speed increase.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

aaaah, thats why it doesnt work for me, thanks for info. Happy
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
O.K i shall try it using frame skipping. If i did want to play this on a real ps2 then i would need a way of soft modding my console. I got the ISO off of my friend who lives in perth and i won't see him for another year at least.

Update: so i tried frame skipping and nothing happened so i boosted it up to 20 skip 20 draw and still nothing is changed. I've set it to constantly skipping and there is absolutely no change. Am i doing something wrong here?
hem
how did you just get your bios if your console isn't modded ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I am assuming the file came from said friends console. It was included in the folder with the ISO.
activating frameskip doesnt work in the menu in 0.9.7, you have to activate it manually by pressing shift+f4 ingame.
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
(09-07-2010, 12:08 PM)Cyphox Wrote: activating frameskip doesnt work in the menu in 0.9.7, you have to activate it manually by pressing shift+f4 ingame.

cheers mate. Also would enabling turbo mode help at all?
no. turbo mode is... for turbo. for example if turbo is activated and set to 200% and your machine is up to the task the game will run twice as fast.
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
damn, and frameskipping just makes the game choppy and equally slow. thanks anyway