Data Execution Prevention error and Vista 64?
Hi,
I've been doing some reading and I've discovered that there is a problem with UAC and DEP errors in Vista 64 when trying to run a game with the emulation.

I've set the program to run in Windows XP compatibility and to run as administrator, but the program always crashes whenever I try to use the Run CD/DVD or Execute menu options.

Do I need to turn off DEP or UAC completely? I'd rather not do this, just to be safe... but is there any other way?

Thanks.

Sponsored links

Why are you running it under XP Compatibility? Also, what version are you using?
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
Turn of UAC or run as administrator
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
(05-30-2009, 04:00 PM)nelsonz Wrote: Turn of UAC or run as administrator

(05-30-2009, 02:41 PM)firehawk12 Wrote: I've set the program to run in Windows XP compatibility and to run as administrator

He already has.

Another idea; have you tried right-clicking, and selecting Run as Administrator from the drop down menu, instead of checking the radio button inside properties.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
I've tried both ways actually.
Also, I read in one of the threads here that XP compatibility might work but, it gives me a DEP whether I have it on or off.

Is there anything else I can try?
WHICH VERSION OF PCSX2?
I5 - 2320 @ 3,0 Ghz - 8 GbyteDDR2 1333 Mhz - Geforce 8800 GTS 512 Mbyte - Win 7x64 - Samsung 32" TV HD-Ready
Uomo saggio il cielo aiuta.
Oh right, the newest one available on the main page - 0.9.6.
and what settings do you have?
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
DEP itself is not the problem. PCSX2 just crashed in a way that triggers a DEP warning.
So yeah, we need your settings, the game you're trying to play and a screeshot showing the pcsx2 console when it crashes.