Data Execution Prevention?
Hey Guys, got a major problem here.
This will be the 1st time I've ever used Pcsx2, so bear with me.
I'm trying 2 play Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. For a while, I had some issues accessing parts of the system, like my memory cards couldn't be found, and no matter what cd/dvd drive plug in I chose, nothing worked, but that I figured out through perseverance, and realizing half the programs I want to run have to be ran as administrator on vista.

After solving that issue, I got a brand new one, Data Execution Prevention. Apparently, its a program on vista used to stop any program from executing if it thinks that it will steal data from me, or give me viruses. Apparently I can't get around it either, I found the way to turn it off, but when I went to it, it says that Pcsx2 HAS to be ran with DEP running, meaning I can't turn it off. Anyone have any idea on how to help...

Trying to Play Kingdom hearts 1 FInal mix, using a Compaq CQ60Z, with an AMD Anthlon duel core. I have an Nvidia Geoforce 8200m.

I've been using the GSDx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 graphic plugin, and the P.E.opS. CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0 CD DVD Drive.

Sponsored links

have you tried turning off UAC in vista?
Sadly im also new to Vista, what exactly is that, and how would I go about doing that?
try deleting pcsx2.ini in the inis folder (is that a laptop? Huh )
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(03-19-2009, 09:55 PM)Lord Shinigami Wrote: Sadly im also new to Vista, what exactly is that, and how would I go about doing that?

control panel >users > change advanced settings and uncheck User access control. (UAC for short) ignore the warning by security center, and restart your pc, then try running it as admin again. (rightclick > run as administrator)

edit: trust me when I say, Vista is a really bad os, it's bloated and over-run with "features" that only annoy the users of it.
(03-19-2009, 09:56 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: try deleting pcsx2.ini in the inis folder (is that a laptop? Huh )

Yes its a laptop, and I will try that before I shut off UCA. And Thank you for your help Saiki.
I will be back latter, gotta run somewhere real quick, but when I get back, ill let you guys know if anything you've said has helped.
if shutting off UAC doesn't work, I have one other thing you can try, but I can't promise it will work.
Even though I turned off UAC, DEP is still enabled, so no luck so far...
And I tried deleting the ISI file, again, no luck..still not working...
Sad
Well, as it turns out, changing my dvd plugin has caused the game to work, so now I can play Final mix.
One last question before I leave for now, I know Kingdom hearts using the joystick to move around, is there a way to configure my
(03-19-2009, 11:40 PM)Lord Shinigami Wrote: is there a way to configure my
Huh incomplete sentence Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja