Dear PCSX2 Developers
Please provide proper 64 bit support. I want to exceed the amount of memory that 32 bit memory addresses can handle.
It would overall benefit the performance of the platform.

Thank you, Jack.

Sponsored links

Can you explain how it would benefit ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-07-2020, 07:05 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Can you explain how it would benefit ?
The largest example I can use is with current AMD Ryzen processors. If a workflow is memory constrained, it is not able to use all operations, especially on a Ryzen 9 3950x, which has 16 cores and 32 threads.
Did you see how much ram pscx2 uses ? Are you sure x64 builds would be necessary ?
And how many cores\threads do you think pcsx2 is using
In PS2 hardware\emulation everything has to work in sync,if a cpu is doing part of the work while some other core is already done with another work,that core will have to wait for the other one to finish first

Let me give you an example with a game
All cores(4 core and 4 threads) - 560fps
3 cores and 3 threads - 560fps
4 cores and 0 threads - 560fps(which means pcsx2 don't benefit much from extra threads,just cores but to a limit)
2 cores and two threads - 450fps

As you can see,I don't get any benefit from using more than 4 cores
The only benefit of more cores will be for software mode,but I doubt you will use it

PCSX2 don't work the same way as the other emulators that benefit from more cores.
That's just how the ps2 hardware work
And about the ram,pcsx2 is using less than 1gb from what I have seen
My primary system is a Ryzen 9 3950x with dual RTX Titans. Running demanding games such as Ace Combat 04 with everything set to "Full" (such as mipmapping etc) on 8x Native should be completely fine. However, it isn't and I am noticing some noticeable lag. I have tried many presets, including the aggressive one. I have tuned the Nvidia control panel, and given PCSX2 high priority.

Core latency has nothing to do with the picture, and I can assure you Ryzen 3000 series (and upcoming 4000) have zero issues with core-to-core or core-to-gpu latency, especially under a PCIe-4.0 framework. Additionally, my system has 128 GB of DDR4 3666 with extreme tuned low-latency Samsung B-die Ram.
ok, you have a good machine, but....
could you please get back on topic and explain us how making a 64 bit build would be better ?

Is pcsx2 trying to use more than 4gb RAM on your system ?
(04-09-2020, 08:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: ok, you have a good machine, but....
could you please get back on topic and explain us how making a 64 bit build would be better ?

Is pcsx2 trying to use more than 4gb RAM on your system ?

Yes, when running 8x or above resolution, some scenes reach up to 4gb. I have tried running the game in 8k, however it was performing too poorly.
The emulation software is not utilizing all of my hardware.
Quote:Yes, when running 8x or above resolution, some scenes reach up to 4gb.
Any screenshot to prove it, please ?
And was it performing too poorly because of that or because your cpu\gpu can't handle it
On Rogue Galaxy there is barely any difference in ram usage between native and 8x,just the vram goes to 1gb(out of 3)and that's all and I start getting slowdowns because the gpu core can't keep up(it's at 100%)