Decent PC, Good Setting..I think, still slow?
Hey all I know you all get a million of these so let me start with my specs which are not amazing, but as I understand should run decently.
I will also state I've enabled 8-bit textures and native res. and am using the Direct3D9 Hardware I get a decent 25-35fps (usually around 30) which is decent. 

The game I'm trying to run is Dark Cloud which regularly sits at 60fps, so I'm running at about half speed right now.

Running PCSX2 1.4.0

Processor: Intel i5-3210M @ 2.5GHz (I have the Intel turbo that says its boosting to 3.1GHz)
Graphics: Intel® HD 4000 (Read a few threads that said the Intel card might be the issue here)
RAM: 6GB
HDD: 1TB (Dont think this matters, but oh well)

EE%: Always 90+% usually 100%
GS%: Always 35-45%
VU%: 27-35%

If followed a few tutorials where I messed with the frame rate and frame skipping, and enabling a few Speed Hacks, am willing to lose resolution to gain speed. Any help is greatly appreciated.  Biggrin
Will be checking in regularly and willing to try most solutions, thanks for your time!

My objective is for any solution that will boost to about 40-50fps to get 60 would be great but I dont know if my specs will get me there.

Sponsored links

your STR is below 1600 for this CPU, which is the recommended value to get most games running fairly well.
recommended speedhacks may help. even if you have only 2 cores, try enalbing mtvu speedhack.

Last but not least, set your windows power plan to high performance, and make sure you aren't running on batteries.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-11-2016, 09:55 AM)jesalvein Wrote: your STR is below 1600 for this CPU, which is the recommended value to get most games running fairly well.
recommended speedhacks may help. even if you have only 2 cores, try enalbing mtvu speedhack.

Last but not least, set your windows power plan to high performance, and make sure you aren't running on batteries.

Thanks for the quick response, I have tried enabling the mtvu speedhack, glad to simply know I'm lacking the raw power. Will be upgrading soon Smile. Not a computer pro and was wondering, what is STR? I have tried googling it but getting minimal results. Would you think I could run a Playstation 1 game fine? If so I may downgrade and play some Crash Bandicoot or Final Fantasy Tactics. 

Thanks again for all the help.
STR=Single Thread Rating

PS1 games should run fineMost PS1 emu should run fine. Xebra maybe will struggle a bit...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
While your STP/STR is a little low for the emulator, your integrated video card isn't helping you out any at all. I did some playing around with my hd4000 (I also have a gen 3 proc, little faster and stronger, but same integrated graphics unit) and it really isn't up to anything above native resolutions, even with my stp at just over 2000.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case