Decent rig, games unplayable, movies not working.
Hey!

First off, I've read through everything, set up my config as well as I could, looked at everyone else's problems but mine seem to be unique.
I have a fairly decent computer;

Intel Q9550 Quad Core CPU (2.8Ghz)
3GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 280 graphics card
Windows Vista Home Premium

But running pretty much every game I own gets me nowhere, especially in the case of FFX and X-2, which are what I most want to play.
FFX-2 runs fine to begin with, but upon starting a new game, the intro cinematic is screwed. It runs at 19FPS, is chopped up and fuzzy and whatnot.
Shadow of the Colossus runs at 5fps. Annoying!

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Sponsored links

which version of the game are you trying to play? Not all versions of the game are playable, also, movies (as far as the ff series goes from my experiance) dont play too well and you will see a fps drop.

Check this out
http://www.pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key

Shadow of the Colossus gets you "in game" but isnt "playable".
FFX-2 can be played on 0.9.4 if its the euro version, and 0.9.5(beta) for the US version.
Yeah fine with SotC, I have Euro version of X-2, haven't tried out in-game properly because it takes forever to sit through a half-speed, half cut off, scrambled FMV. But yeah, thanks
Sounds like a wrong configuration...as in all problems we need your full PCSX2 configuration to help you Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-14-2008, 12:54 PM)Lainehart Wrote: Hey!

First off, I've read through everything, set up my config as well as I could, looked at everyone else's problems but mine seem to be unique.
I have a fairly decent computer;

Intel Q9550 Quad Core CPU (2.8Ghz)
3GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 280 graphics card
Windows Vista Home Premium

But running pretty much every game I own gets me nowhere, especially in the case of FFX and X-2, which are what I most want to play.
FFX-2 runs fine to begin with, but upon starting a new game, the intro cinematic is screwed. It runs at 19FPS, is chopped up and fuzzy and whatnot.
Shadow of the Colossus runs at 5fps. Annoying!

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Q9950 @ 2.8GHZ? Dude, OC that thing. You can get it up thar. SoTC runs bad for alot of people. FMVs for FFX-2 are expected as said.
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
Quote:Q9950 @ 2.8GHZ? Dude, OC that thing. You can get it up thar. SoTC runs bad for alot of people. FMVs for FFX-2 are expected as said.

I would if I knew how Wacko haha
Knew how? Google is your friend, play with it instead of yourself. That's such a waste of an insanely good processor man. Your speeds could improve alot.
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
Obviously I've Googled it. Wasn't confident to mess around with my BIOS settings. Although you may have convinced me to look into it further. Pretty happy with my CPU speeds as they are anyway, Crysis CPU benchmark gets me 40FPS+ at Very High, 1600x1200 Laugh
It has nothing to do with the cpu. You have obiously configures the emulator wrong. Postthe configuration and we will see what is the problem.
Shadow of the Colossus is a bit buggy Wink I got max 16 fps (3.51GHz) and missing landscapes (dark areas etc, character flying in air, happy stuff)
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]