Def Jam Fight For New York - Weird Green Lines.
Hey all, first time posting here and thought this would be the best place to ask my question here.

I managed to get Def Jam Fight For New York working on my emulator and got it working fluidly - no lag, thankfully, and thing seem pretty much solid in terms of the graphics (though I feel iffy about Nyne's chest tattoos when doing an intro and victory outro, it could be the game - which I played LONG ago so memories are hazy at best).  However, one thing that keeps catching my eye that I'm confused about are the weird green lines and highlights around and underneath various bits of text.  A number of character names when the match is loading, under the music name card when it pops up in the corner, faintly under the title of the title screen, etc.

I can't tell if this is from the actual game and I forgot the details or if this is something on the emulator's part.  Otherwise, things seem pretty solid.  If need be I can post whatever specs would be pertinent to locating the issue.

The weird thing is I tried to look around and couldn't find other posts talking about the issue, but some videos I've seen of the game in action show this issue - others, however, lack it, so it makes things even more confusing.

Sponsored links

Do you still get the issue if you press F9 to turn on Software Mode?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Just tested it out - Software Mode seems to get rid of the lines but the overall quality of graphics and sounds (and it could just be my perception but the flow of it as well) suffers considerably. There's also still some weird green line going up and down part of the wall when on the Vs. Mode Selection screen for both regular and Software Mode.
If the line is there in both software and hardware mode, then it's possibly supposed to be there. Can you post a picture of the issue?

Yes software mode runs in "native" only and will be harder on your CPU so it may run slowly.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

The first two are in the standard mode, the last two are in Software Mode.  

The first screenshot seems a little hard to see, I know, but if you look at the bottom portion of the title, the green is definitely visible.

I could be overreacting, but I just wanna make sure everything is alright and prefer to double check with those with more emulation experience than I do.  ... And anyone who's played the game as of late since I last played this around the time it first came out, lol
Refraction? Anyone?
It's probably due to the sprites being offest from upscaling. You can try using the Sprite or Round Sprite options in the HW Hacks section of GSdx to reduce the issue.

The Unscale Point Line hack may help also.
(03-18-2018, 07:05 PM)CK1 Wrote: It's probably due to the sprites being offest from upscaling. You can try using the Sprite or Round Sprite options in the HW Hacks section of GSdx to reduce the issue.

The Unscale Point Line hack may help also.

I tried both Sprite HW Hacks and no change aside from a minor distortion of the text it looked like.  Otherwise, the lines stayed.

Also couldn't see an Unscale Point Line hack option anywhere.
Oh OK, download the latest dev build here then: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/