Def Jam: Fight for NY issue
Okay, hi, so, I've emulated a handful of stuff with PCSX2 in the past without much trouble, but for some reason Def Jam FFNY is all kinds of messed up. Everything seemed fine up until the first cutscene that was in the game's engine. All of the models look messed up, textures are mis-layered, peoples eyes are like popping out of their heads and it looks so thoroughly broken and confusing and the issues persisted into actual gameplay. I've tried fiddling around with some emulation options but it just doesn't seem to be making much difference. If anyone could help, that would be lovely. I'm more than happy to provide any needed information that might be necessary to sort this out.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
My specs are as follows :¬

Intel i7-4700MQ @ 2.4ghz (3.4ghz overclocked)
Graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
12GB DDR3 RAM
And I'm running on Windows 8, have avoided updating to 8.1

I'm using PCSX2 v1.2.1
I have all setting still at default as of now, after messing with some of them and coming up empty handed
I'm trying to play Def Jam FFNY (PAL version) and I'm playing it from an ISO
What if you press f9 ?
Hitting F9 has miraculously fixed the models and textures but now I'm getting pretty big frame dips down to about 20-30fps and it seems to be hanging a lot.
yes, unfortunately, you need a good CPU to play in software mode
Eh, not a problem. I had it running smooth for a few moments there after turning speedhacks on (EE Cyclerate at 1 and VU Cyclerate at 2 w/ MTVU on) but then it just froze up after a few minutes.
tried without speedhacks ?
can you please post the emulog.txt after a crash ?