Delta force: black hawk down Graphics Issue
Exclamation 
Hello,
I am new to this forum and this program and so far have been able to play most PS2 games using PCSX2 without any problems. But now I am trying to run Delta Force: Black Hawk Down and am having weird looking graphics issues when using Directx11 and Directx9 Hardware modes. The game runs fine on Directx11 and Directx9 Software modes, but when using Software mode, I only get 20-45 fps, which is causing me lag and audio issues.
PC Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Nvidia GTX 560
8 gb ram
1 tb hard drive
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU at 3.40ghz

Sorry If I left out something, I am new to this.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank-You.
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor (Overclocked to 4.6GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A
GPU: x2, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme (SLI)
RAM: 16 GB
HD: x1, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, x1, 2TB SSHD, x1, 4TB Seagate Backup Plus, x1, 1TB Seagate External
OS: Windows 10 64-bit (Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit)

Sponsored links

you found your solution : using software mode.
I guess this game isn't compatible yet with hardware mode.

Things you could try :
- Give latest svn a try
- is still using software mode, make sure you are using gsdx Avx plugin & set extra sw rendering threads to 3. That may help.
Else, Maybe it's better to keep using your PS2 for this game until its emulation state gets better.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-05-2013, 11:12 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you found your solution : using software mode.
I guess this game isn't compatible yet with hardware mode.

Things you could try :
- Give latest svn a try
- is still using software mode, make sure you are using gsdx Avx plugin & set extra sw rendering threads to 3. That may help.
Else, Maybe it's better to keep using your PS2 for this game until its emulation state gets better.

Ok, such a shame, I really love this game. How would I go about upgrading the svn? And is there a reason why I get high fps on hardware mode(60-70 fps) and on software mode I get low fps (20-45)
Thanks again.
HD: x1, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, x1, 2TB SSHD, x1, 4TB Seagate Backup Plus, x1, 1TB Seagate External
(11-05-2013, 11:15 AM)sandman332 Wrote: Ok, such a shame, I really love this game. How would I go about upgrading the svn? And is there a reason why I get high fps on hardware mode(60-70 fps) and on software mode I get low fps (20-45)
Thanks again.

When using hardware mode, pcsx2 tries to use your GPU to render the GS thread. Software mode makes your CPU do all the job.
Maybe if you had a CPU around 4.5-5.0 Ghz per core, that would bring you full fps in software mode.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-05-2013, 11:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: When using hardware mode, pcsx2 tries to use your GPU to render the GS thread. Software mode makes your CPU do all the job.
Maybe if you had a CPU around 4.5-5.0 Ghz per core, that would bring you full fps in software mode.

Ok, downloaded and installed latest SVN still no luck. Only works in software mode and it's unplayable at 15-20 fps. Is there a reason why it works with Software mode but not Hardware mode? I personally don't understand why it woulden't be the same for both. But I am also not a genious at these things.
Some things can not be emulated in HW mode. Thats why it works only in SW mode.
But since you have an i7 CPU try to increase the extra sw rendering threads to 5(6) or 7. It may help a bit and use AVX version of GSDX and DX11/SW Mode.
(11-05-2013, 04:04 PM)Grove4L Wrote: Some things can not be emulated in HW mode. Thats why it works only in SW mode.
But since you have an i7 CPU try to increase the extra sw rendering threads to 5(6) or 7. It may help a bit and use AVX version of GSDX and DX11/SW Mode.

Thanks for your help but still a no go. Still low fps and makes the game run slow and slow sound when in software mode. Is there anyway of knowing when this game might possibly be supported in Hardware mode? Or any other options I could try in getting it to run in Hardware mode properly?
Thanks again for everyone's help.