Destroy All Humans 2 - PCSX2 1.2.1
*sigh*
Here
[Image: 2hd9u6f.jpg]
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]

Sponsored links

Oh, okay thanks.

About the program now. It seems like, I wasn't having emulation slow-motion effects and bad audio straight out, but my attempts to create a pnach file in the cheat folder of the installation directory, or something else have caused the effects possibly. I don't know though. Do you guys have any suggestions for what settings to look at or anything?
It's a bit hard to understand... You had no problems, then you used a pnach and now you have problems?
Probably would be good to remove that pnach again or?
Well the PNACH didn't work. My game wasn't compatible or something. It would launch, detect the game cheat(s) and then start looping trying execute the emulation environment with the cheats being activated. The emulation window would be black, and the console window would be in a loop of executing the cheats+game, failing, and trying it over and over. I would have to use task manager to kill the emulation. I eventually deleted the PNACH but by that point the current issues had suddenly arisen immediately after deleating the PNACH seemingly.

As far as what caused the issues this thread is about:

It was either that or settings I changed. I'm looking into diagnosing it like my CPU is too slow or settings are not good atm and see if my accommodating that possibility might be the issue.

I was just having issues with one of my games being REALLY slow for some reason in one point when I went into settings and set the graphics plugin settings to:

~Direct 3d9 (Hardware)
-With Native Original PS2 Resolution
- And I disabled HW Hacks, which I was using to enable
--Skipdraw 5 that is supposed to help DAH2 apparently.

All of a sudden my emulation stopped being crazy slow music and gaming environment for one of them. I want ot test it and see if this change will be all-inclusive, so I will probably update this reply to avoid double-posting.

Before on 1.0.0, I had eventually deleted the PNACH but by that point the current issues had suddenly arisen immediately after deleating the PNACH file seemingly. Yet, it would seem disabling the HW hack seems to work for at least one of the games.

I have to mow so I'll have to do test the games in total later. Thanks for the help guys, you've been great. I'll be back. Smile
try zerogs or unofficial build if you can....
As far as ZeroGS goes, I'm getting that 0.97 version, which is the only one I can find, and it's making Krypto clear adn see-through, and the sound and slowdown is much slower. If you have any suggesstions for how to make that work, that might be a little helpful in that avenue. I've tried a few of the fixes in the plugin settings, and they haven't had much effect.

Update: Laugh

This does seem to be a GSdx issue. I've switched to:

GSdx 5876 (MSVC 18.00, SSSE3) 0.0.16 - r5875.

The Direct 3d11 was too CPU-intensive, and Direct 3D9 was giving me the aformentioned issues because the emulated cpu processing provided by PCSX2 was apparently not sufficient to handle the graphs and sound of Destroy All Humans 2.

Around the time that I was trying to use cheats, someone recommending to switch to 3d11 on my GS Plugin to someone else on a forum, and use specific settings to help make it run better. My Computer is good, but apparently not that good with PS2 Emulation running in the middle of an already 64-bit Operating System.

How have I fixed it for this game?

I'm running my GS plugin on Hardware mode for Direct 3D 9 with the default settings except for that HW Hack that lets me use Skipdraw : 5.

I might have to disable this for other games, or try ZeroGS for other games, but it seems like DAH 2 works with the current settins I've just described.
Why would you use zerogs?

Anyways, can you post some shots of your D3D11 settings?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(05-14-2014, 02:44 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Why would you use zerogs?

Anyways, can you post some shots of your D3D11 settings?

Sure thing. I will link 2 screenshots that are my settings for the GS Plugin.

With this :

[Image: Capture_zps8a49dbaf.png]

I used red to point out the settings I had messed with or set back to original.

I found out in this setting window that people MUST use a Native "Original PS2 Resolution". That seems to serve as a major factor of Lag in the game when using Direct 3D11 or 3D9 Hardware versions.

I think Computers that are not big gaming gaming machines work best on Software, because PCSX2 can process graphics better. On Gaming Computers that are good for the current times, even mine which could do with an upgrade or two, might work best on Hardware mode wiht settings kind like what is in this screenshot and the next one.

I had to enable HW Hacks, as red-lined, alluding to the next screenshot. The anti-aliasing setting under that is jsut me trying that out to fix another Issue I will describe later. It's not hurting my game, but it's not doing what I was hoping it would either. It's just kinda there.

On this second Picture:

[Image: Capture2_zpsbffab748.png]

I put a red blip next to the only setting I"m using for hte HW Hacks. Skipdraw: 5. Smile
[Post Removed to be placed in a Separate thread by OP]