Destroy All Humans 2 - PCSX2 1.2.1
First I will link a youtube video where the game is working right, then describe, as best as I can, my issues with the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RPl0bqyNAM

My issues seem to deal with slight lag and Audio issues.
You noticed the sound in-game in that video seems allright.

However, in my game, it sounds like the Audio is twice as thick and is GRINDING somehow. Like a mechanical noise and is not pleasant to listen to. Its louder and is almost roaring, and does not sound normal.

That and this occurs on the main screen and in-game while running around.
This does not seem to occur (the audio and mild slow-moving-ness of the entire game) during cutscenes and the like. Just at the main screen and in-game.

When the main screen changes to the trailer while being idle, it runs like it should.

The black shadows effects don't occur when I'm running my video plugin settings on Software mode, but atm I have it in Hardware mode with:

GSdx 5875
AMD Radeon HD 5570 (Old but still good)
Direct3d11 (Hardware)
Interlacing (Auto)

-4X Native
-Enable HW Hacks
--Configure
---Skipdraw 5
---TC Offset(s) = 0

And that's it for Video as far as special non-default settings.

Could it be Audio?

SPU2-x r5830
~Mixing Settings~
- 4-Catmull Rom

~Module~
- 1. X-Audio 2
- ~Synchronization~
---Timestretch (Recommended)
---~Audio Expansion Mode~
----Stereo (None, Default)

And I think that is it for that too.

What's annoying me is the grinding, mechanical audio that seems to be a little slower, and it feels like I'm grinding my teeth or something. It just started happening suddenly when I was trying to get a specific cheat and I had managed to put codetwink codeshark or gameshark codes in the proper pcsx2 format, but then it stopped working in the fashion described, and I uninstalled and reinstalled, and its still there...I deleted my documents pcsx2 folder and everything. It's all Vanilla files in here.

Do you know much in the way of the plugins listed in the Description of the Youtube Video?

GSdx Cutie? Is that recommended, or do you have specific plugins that might resolve the audio issue. I wish I had something I could record with so you could hear what I mean ,but I imagine you understand what I am trying to describe. I bought this and the first game for my PS2 back in Middle School and I've been craving to play them again. :3

Sponsored links

Youtube videos always show full speed, even if the game is only running at 10fps. Also, your version of pcsx2 linux should be 1.2.2 for stable version. Double check your version.

Audio could be improved by going to spu2-x and having sound rendered from sdl. Also, what linux distro are you using? What gpu driver?

Also, what cpu do you use?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I'm not using Linux. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. For GPU, I am using GSdx 5875 (MSVC 18.00, SSE2) 0.1.16.

That's what's under the drop down menu for Video Settings anyways.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU - 760 @ 2.8 GHz. Its quad core because 4 cores are detected in Device Manager.

My computer is a couple years old but still capable of running stuff pretty decently.
why did you post this in the linux section?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Moved.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Im sorry, I'm pretty much new here. :\
You didn't mention the FPS you are getting when you get the slowdown/bug and also if the game is PAL or NTSC
[Image: newsig.jpg]
First, the unrelated Information:

It seems my issues are across all games. I'm playing some other ones like my Sly Copper games, which were my first Ps2 games ever. On the loading screen, you hear the normal game, and some metallic grinding screaming-like sound as well and stuff. The movement and dialogue is slow-mo.

Now then:

The game is NTSC.

FPS - I don't know how to turn that on in settings.
Google wouldn't tell me how to turn FPS counter on in-game in windowed mode or otherwise, so I'm getting FRAPs even though I don't play full screen.

Update: Okay, I opened it in Sly Three. Fraps started at 29 frames in the emulated windwo and then bottomed and leveled out at 20-22 FPS.

In DAH2, I get 45-60 FPS while in the Start Menu, in cutscenes, in that cinematic before the Main Menu, etc. But, my FPS drops down to about 29 while I am running around in game, and all the Audio and movement is slow-mo-ish, and mechanically grind-ey. (That's now a word.) So, I guess we've established its a general issue not confined to just one game, but something I'm doing in general is wrong, because it wasn't working like this when I first started using the 1.0.0 version for the first week. I did something, and then this started and has carried over to my upgrade to the 1.2 version.
You don't know where to look the fps?
It's on the window.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Lol. Like I said, Im not just pretty much new to this forums, hence accidently putting it in Linux, I'm also pretty much new to the program itself. Tongue2