Detective Conan: Legacy of the British Empire [NTSC-J] - Transparency Graphics Bug
[Bug Report] Detective Conan: Legacy of the British Empire [NTSC-J] SLPS-25426
PCSX2 version: PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.3307 (Wed Sept 14 00:38:49 2022)
Emulation options: Default Settings; EmotionEngine (EE,MIPS-IV) - Cycle Rate: 100% (Normal Speed), Cycle Skip: None, Rounding Mode: Chop/Zero (Default), Clamping Mode: Normal (Default), Affinity Control: Disabled; Vector Units (VU) - Rounding Mode: Chop/Zero (Default), Clamping Mode: Normal (Default), MTVU (Multi-Threaded VU1)  (1), Instant VU1 - (1); I/O Processor (IOP, MIPS-I) - Enable Fast CDVD (0); [Made no difference, assume all default settings]
Plugins Used: Hardware; Automatic, Direct3D 11, Direct3D 12, Vulkan, OpenGL, Software [No Difference]

Bug can be described as a transparency issue with some graphics and fonts. Attached I have added multiple GS dumps, pictures, a PS2 Save, and a log file. Additionally, I have also included a stock photo from PS2 hardware for reference of what it's supposed to look like. If any other information is needed, please let me know.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/10XPBJg0m-8KAvmMistt_y_sc_tm0zCDB?usp=sharing

Sponsored links

Anything else? I just want to know it's seen. I understand it takes time and investigation. Thanks.
So I ran one of your GS dumps on my PS2 and the problem persists, so it might be a core problem.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=76012]

Things to try:

1. Load the game with software mode set from the start (do NOT use a savestate), see if it persists.
2. try disabling the mVU flag hack (under Advanced System)
3. Try messing with the rounding/clamping for both VU and EE, see if anything makes a difference.
4. Cry I guess

Did this ever work?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-17-2022, 12:26 PM)refraction Wrote: So I ran one of your GS dumps on my PS2 and the problem persists, so it might be a core problem.

Things to try:

1. Load the game with software mode set from the start (do NOT use a savestate), see if it persists.
3. Try messing with the rounding/clamping for both VU and EE, see if anything makes a difference.
4. Cry I guess

Did this ever work?

1. I have loaded the game in software mode without using savestates (I don't think I used savestates but the issue persists regardless).
2. Disabled the mVU flag hack and did not resolve the issue, re-enabled and there was no difference.
3. Upon messing with the rounding/clamping for both VU and EE, there was no difference despite messing with each setting and possible combination.z
4. Yes, Cry indeed.

None of these changes appeared to have any effect unfortunately. The issue still persists.
(09-17-2022, 12:26 PM)refraction Wrote: So I ran one of your GS dumps on my PS2 and the problem persists, so it might be a core problem.

Things to try:

4. Cry I guess

Did this ever work?
So, upon doing some more research, I looked into another game that was starting development right after Detective Conan called "Cowboy Bebop - Tsuitou no Yakyoku" which I also own as I watch that anime too lol. I started playing the game and I found a similarity. Perhaps the graphics is being rendered but it is behind the graphic? Take a look at the drive link and look closely at the arrow in the top left between the screenshots. I've also included a gs dump of the arrow for convenience.

The reason why these games are connected is they are both developed by Chime and both are published by Bandai. They are very similar technically, so it is likely they both have the bug.

drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1gzK07D5PwU1FH-JRGPDFcA1BYNau6kOq
The rendering is doing exactly what it's told, as I showed, my PS2 is doing the same thing, which says that the GS emulation is doing the correct thing.

Did you try anything I asked you to?

(09-17-2022, 02:35 PM)bingokemski Wrote: 1. I have loaded the game in software mode without using savestates (I don't think I used savestates but the issue persists regardless).
2. Disabled the mVU flag hack and did not resolve the issue, re-enabled and there was no difference.
3. Upon messing with the rounding/clamping for both VU and EE, there was no difference despite messing with each setting and possible combination.z
4. Yes, Cry indeed.

None of these changes appeared to have any effect unfortunately. The issue still persists.

Yes, as mentioned, the issue still persists. I have tried everything you asked in the correct order as mentioned above, without save states, and messed with those settings. It did not have an effect.

(09-18-2022, 12:16 AM)refraction Wrote: The rendering is doing exactly what it's told, as I showed, my PS2 is doing the same thing, which says that the GS emulation is doing the correct thing.

Please see above.
(09-18-2022, 12:16 AM)refraction Wrote: The rendering is doing exactly what it's told, as I showed, my PS2 is doing the same thing, which says that the GS emulation is doing the correct thing.

I'm re-reading this now, sorry. If you are talking about a PS2 Console I can say at least from the consoles SCPH-39001 and SCPH-50001 the game textures with the disk and OPL load correctly. I'm not sure then why this issue occurs, I don't have any other leads either.

Is this something that can be fixed considering it only is affecting emulators and not real hardware?
Okay sorry I didn't see you'd made 2 replies, thanks for trying.