Dev build 1.7.2446 freezes in settings
Hi, I downloaded current development Linux build and trying to configure it, but whenever I press Ok or Apply in general settings windows program just hangs and can only be killed with SIGKILL (SIGTERM does not work). Log message just before freeze:
(pcsx2:43140): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 17:40:14.600: gdk_window_process_updates: assertion 'GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

Sponsored links

I was able to fix it by renaming the executable (removing version string from the name). I don't know why it helped, perhaps something is related to executable name length.
(03-16-2022, 08:53 PM)thesourcehim Wrote: I was able to fix it by renaming the executable (removing version string from the name). I don't know why it helped, perhaps something is related to executable name length.

this works for me as well...was crashing when I was trying to change the Preset slider values..using app image version below on Ubuntu 20.04
Code:
pcsx2-v1.7.2604-linux-AppImage-64bit.AppImage
Thx for the tip about renaming the file, this was very annoying!

However, for me, while it does stop the General Setting menu from locking up the emu consistently, it does still lock up when editing settings sometimes and the menu as whole is very glitchy; settings may or may stick until I close/reopen menu and sometimes it won't switch between tabs on left -- like if I have the GS Window tab open, then click on the Speedhacks tab it won't switch to Speedhacks until I close the menu, then reopen it.

Using pcsx2-v1.7.2744 on Linux Mint 20.3
(03-16-2022, 08:53 PM)thesourcehim Wrote: I was able to fix it by renaming the executable (removing version string from the name). I don't know why it helped, perhaps something is related to executable name length.

Well thanks to you my problem is solved. I think it's not the name length and maybe some unknown or forbidden characters (?, ; etc)
OMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Just renaming it worked for me.Ive been switching over to my windows drive just to play ps2 games
A week ago:
"Sweet, I'll switch to Linux, Fedora 36 specifically, I have a modern AMD GPU which has kickass Linux drivers, I'll be set"

I launch PCSX2 (via Flatpak or AppImage, same issue): app UI hangs constantly, though the games are running just fine.

If the program name length is the problem, then lmao.