Dev suggestions
These "software" side enhancements are the reason why things look SO different between early PS2 and late PS2.
I play both early and late release games on the emulator. Due to this, I have found that different GS Speedhack/ plugin choice, settings.
Sometimes software mode works better than hardware. Sometimes OpenGL is great, other times it is crappy.

Also, the PCSX2 1.7 can run PS1 games. but, the rendering is not correct. its rendering in 16 color mode or something.
I think it can run the games fully, its just the graphics that are wonky.
Some of these PS1 functions MAY be used as a base for some of the more advanced PS2 features and perhaps completing support for that, will improve some of the features of the PS2 rendering. I ran Raiden 1 and 2 on PS1, and unlike the SNES emulator, which was slow at some points, especially with lots on screen, the PS1 emulator ,EPSXE, ran it perfectly.
So, I was thinking that perhaps the addition of these features, can vastly improve the overall performance of the PCSX2.......
Also, the PS1 lacked BOTH an FPU and Z-Buffer. So things had to be done.. differently... for the PS1

(09-17-2020, 08:06 AM)Gin Taku D. Gallo Wrote: These "software" side enhancements are the reason why things look SO different between early PS2 and late PS2.
I play both early and late release games on the emulator. Due to this, I have found that different GS Speedhack/ plugin choice, settings.
Sometimes software mode works better than hardware. Sometimes OpenGL is great, other times it is crappy.

Also, the PCSX2 1.7 can run PS1 games. but, the rendering is not correct. its rendering in 16 color mode or something.
I think it can run the games fully, its just the graphics that are wonky.
Some of these PS1 functions MAY be used as a base for some of the more advanced PS2 features and perhaps completing support for that, will improve some of the features of the PS2 rendering. I ran Raiden 1 and 2 on PS1, and unlike the SNES emulator, which was slow at some points, especially with lots on screen, the PS1 emulator ,EPSXE, ran it perfectly.
So, I was thinking that perhaps the addition of these features, can vastly improve the overall performance of the PCSX2.......
Also, the PS1 lacked BOTH an FPU and Z-Buffer. So things had to be done.. differently... for the PS1

sorry if I am making no sense

Also, I do not use forums very often, unless I really feel a deep need to. I feel a deep need to this time, I do youtube videos on ps1 and ps2 era games.... having both games run on the same emulator would be awesome!
Plus the PS2 emulator could possibly run the games better visually

Sponsored links

[Image: med_1555969263_image.jpg]
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

We know why PS1 emulation doesn't work so well, it has nothing to do with "advanced features". It may get fixed at some point, but PS1 emulation isn't a priority.

If you want a good PS1 experience we recommend you use a PS1 emulator
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]