Devil May Cry 1: Black Screen after Intro
Hi people. This is my first post, and It's the last hope with my problem.

I've been reading tons of post, searching all what google could offer, but I do not know what to do to fix this problem. I have an original copy of DMC 1 (PLatinum), PAL version, and the 1.2.1 version of PCSX2. I've tried EVERYTHING people said in this forum and in other sites of the Internet, but nothing works. This is what I've done so far (I'm not english so sorry if I translate something bad):

-Using version 0.9.6
-Using version 1.0.0
-OPH hack
-EE Time hack
-VU Cycles stealing to 1
-Turned on MTVU
-Created an ISO from the DVD
-Changed the bios from PAL to NTSC

But there's no way to fix it. The black screen of death appears after the intro (when Trish say the word Island), no matter what.

Any help? I really want to play with Dante.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

You need to skip the video. Read here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Devil-May-Cry-SLES-50358-E--30529

Go back to 1.2.1, restore settings for default. Try the "skip MPEG hack" in config->emulation->game fixes. If that one doesn't work you may have to use the patch posted in that thread. Or can you skip the video manually like by mashing start or something?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Ok, thanks for the response. I'll check everything you said and i'll be updating with the news.

(04-18-2014, 02:30 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Go back to 1.2.1, restore settings for default. Try the "skip MPEG hack" in config->emulation->game fixes.

Ok, this one doesn't work. It just made the game go black screen... after the Capcom logo.

(04-18-2014, 02:30 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: If that one doesn't work you may have to use the patch posted in that thread.

I'm lost here. Sorry for the ignorance, but how can I apply a patch?

(04-18-2014, 02:30 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Or can you skip the video manually like by mashing start or something?

Nope. The video is not skippable at all. Every time I test a new solution I have to see the whole thing (like 3 minutes or so).

FORGET about that. I'm retarded. I mashed Start and I skipped the cutscene, and FINALLY I can play the game. Thank you so much, I have not enough gratitude.