Devil May Cry 1 Mission 18 Glitch [NTSC-U]
OK, so I was wondering if anybody with an NTSC copy of Devil May Cry 1 is able to verify this glitch. At the beginning of Mission 18 (after the cutscene) Dante will jump through a painting that leads to an underwater section.

The problem is, I can't equip the Needlegun required to fight the enemies and the game thinks I'm not underwater either. I wasn't sure if it's my specific game's revision or what so maybe you guys can try it out. I've uploaded the memory card below (It's a folder type btw)

I've been loading directly from the memory card, no savestates here - but it doesn't affect the issue.

Attached Files
.7z   BASLUS-20216.7z (Size: 48,1 KB / Downloads: 92)

Sponsored links

howto use folder memory cards? i'm old fashioned. i google it? Wink ... got it and spoilered.

ehh. yes... it glitches. no big deal. trial and success. it makes sense. if you're not underwater just equip any other weapon. and shoot needles. Biggrin
already "re-finished" that game 2 months ago.....therefore that game is "playable"
if you are in underwater it will automatically equip it and also you cannot use devil trigger....if you out from water you will equip automatically with non-underwater weapon that you worn before you dip to the water.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(02-20-2018, 02:46 AM)smartstrike Wrote: already "re-finished" that game 2 months ago.....therefore that game is "playable"
if you are in underwater it will automatically equip it and also you cannot use devil trigger....if you out from water you will equip automatically with non-underwater weapon that you worn before you dip to the water.

or like this. right. dunno how i didn't notice that. i did test real quick. it seems you can only shoot while aiming.
(02-20-2018, 02:46 AM)smartstrike Wrote: already "re-finished" that game 2 months ago.....therefore that game is "playable"

That's the weird thing, it isn't equipping automatically. Pressing any of the buttons on my controller won't do anything. Worst case, I'll load a memory card and skip the mission or something. Maybe I'll try my original disk incase something is wonky with my rip.
atleast try to equip another gun and see if it changes anything in the state machine. i figured it's indeed glitchy. i just played the pirate ship. it got underwater too. sometimes i could shoot without aim button, sometimes i had to hold it. no game breaking stuff tho. it's possible to finish it, afaik i can see.

now i just gotta replay the slime room without a holy grenade last second, and not get stuck with the dragon puzzle. and i seem to have forgotten something in the coliseum. i still have a shield left i don't think i still need. Laugh
(02-20-2018, 02:58 AM)dabore Wrote: or like this. right. dunno how i didn't notice that. i did test real quick. it seems you can only shoot while aiming.

needlegun is firable to anywhere....also keep in mind on firing on the barrels for red orbs
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel