Devil May Cry 1 graphical issues
Hey guys. So I'm encountering this weird graphical thing and I don't know how to fix it. I've posted screenshots below of the problem and my current settings etc.

So this only seems to occur, when examining things, doors, divine statue etc. I've tried looking on youtube and other people don't seem to be having this problem when playing dmc. I've made sure to copy their settings exactly but I still get it and I'm stumped at this point.

It's not a big deal this problem but it would be nice to have it gone and if anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

[Image: f6639ba12f.jpg]

[Image: b82af2ecf5.jpg]
[Image: 6385feb9e3.jpg]
[Image: 94c86a55d4.png]
[Image: 58e5f386f6.png]
[Image: 365f71f52b.png]
[Image: ad1ee9a347.png]
[Image: 1d2cf0ad17.png]
[Image: 0b7ca9fb4a.png]
[Image: 9082818d9e.png]
[Image: f772092594.png]
[Image: 92ff8fb4db.png]

Sponsored links

(08-03-2018, 11:08 AM)AugmentedJustice Wrote: Hey guys. So I'm encountering this weird graphical thing and I don't know how to fix it. I've posted screenshots below of the problem and my current settings etc.

So this only seems to occur, when examining things, doors, divine statue etc. I've tried looking on youtube and other people don't seem to be having this problem when playing dmc. I've made sure to copy their settings exactly but I still get it and I'm stumped at this point.

It's not a big deal this problem but it would be nice to have it gone and if anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

[Image: f6639ba12f.jpg]

[Image: b82af2ecf5.jpg]
[Image: 6385feb9e3.jpg]
[Image: 94c86a55d4.png]
[Image: 58e5f386f6.png]
[Image: 365f71f52b.png]
[Image: ad1ee9a347.png]
[Image: 1d2cf0ad17.png]
[Image: 0b7ca9fb4a.png]
[Image: 9082818d9e.png]
[Image: f772092594.png]
[Image: 92ff8fb4db.png]
Can I ask what hardware you use? I'm no expert but it appears to be screen tearing Blink . Screen tearing is normally caused by an incompatibility between your monitor and your graphics card. The newer models use G-sync but AMD graphics cards use Freesync. Only G-sync monitors work with G-sync graphics cards and the same goes for AMD.
(08-03-2018, 01:40 PM)SnakeBite Wrote: Can I ask what hardware you use? I'm no expert but it appears to be screen tearing Blink . Screen tearing is normally caused by an incompatibility between your monitor and your graphics card. The newer models use G-sync but AMD graphics cards use Freesync. Only G-sync monitors work with G-sync graphics cards and the same goes for AMD.

Thanks for the reply Smile it seems you might be on to something since my monitor IS freesync and my card is a g sync card. anyway my specs are:

GPU: Nvidia GTX 980
CPU: i74790k
Monitor: AOC G2460pqu free sync 144hz
RAM: 16gb
[url=https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b&q=AOC+G2460pqu&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwien_nA6NDcAhUEvrwKHSQBDDoQ7xYIJigA&biw=1600&bih=786][/url]
Is this fixable like work around if it is the problem? thanks
(08-03-2018, 01:40 PM)SnakeBite Wrote: Can I ask what hardware you use? I'm no expert but it appears to be screen tearing Blink . Screen tearing is normally caused by an incompatibility between your monitor and your graphics card. The newer models use G-sync but AMD graphics cards use Freesync. Only G-sync monitors work with G-sync graphics cards and the same goes for AMD.

I should also say I don't get the "tearing" at all when playing dmc outside of examining things nor do i get tearing in any other games. it's weird. i'm also not even sure if it is tearing because in the pictures, the top part where it's disconnected is supposed to be on the bottom, ive never seen tearing work like that but im no expert either. im so confused.
(08-03-2018, 02:12 PM)AugmentedJustice Wrote: I should also say I don't get the "tearing" at all when playing dmc outside of examining things nor do i get tearing in any other games. it's weird. i'm also not even sure if it is tearing because in the pictures, the top part where it's disconnected is supposed to be on the bottom, ive never seen tearing work like that but im no expert either. im so confused.

That's odd, but I found this solution that should work. If it doesn't then it's probably an incompatibility:

To get rid of the stripe in-game press select, then go to the option screen and stay there for about 8 seconds, then press select to get out of the screen and the stripe should be gone.

Let me know if this fixed it.
(08-03-2018, 03:17 PM)SnakeBite Wrote: That's odd, but I found this solution that should work. If it doesn't then it's probably an incompatibility:

To get rid of the stripe in-game press select, then go to the option screen and stay there for about 8 seconds, then press select to get out of the screen and the stripe should be gone.

Let me know if this fixed it.

I tried it didn't work Sad oh well. its only present when examining things and is gone immediately after so ill just have to deal with when i examine stuff it i guess. thanks for your help though Smile
This is fixed in later dev builds, seems like you haven't upgraded in a while

https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
(08-03-2018, 06:27 PM)CK1 Wrote: This is fixed in later dev builds, seems like you haven't upgraded in a while

https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Thanks. So I did update my build to the latest one and it sort of fixed the problem, but now there is a black line at the bottom seen here: [Image: 144ca49c03.jpg]
Switch to OpenGL.