Devil May Cry goes way to fast
I'm running from ISO, I'll try enabling with the VC.

Sponsored links

S h i t I just don't get it I should have a good inn-of video card when I have a ATI HD 4600 series yeah I know the menus dosent require that much power, but after when I click new game the first cinematic screen comes up that runs perfect then I skip that C, but when it comes into Dante's place the it looks like freaking lagg party but the screens goes faster then the game itself, when one screen has past you can hear that other screen in the background, Yeah I know I'm probably totally clueless.
I'm a bit confused about your problem. Is the game slower or faster than it would be on the PS2? Because for me it sounds like it's slower, when you say that one scene pass and you can still here the last one. Can you please tell us what the fps counter is saying? That's the third number shown at the top of the window of PCSX2. This will most likely show a number lower than 60 fps. I don't know your processor, but I have a Intel Core 2 Duo as well, with 2,66 Ghz. And the cutscene your mentioning is running with about 46 fps for me^^. I think your mixing up too fast and too slow in this case.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
(02-14-2010, 12:50 AM)Bright-Warrior Wrote: I'm a bit confused about your problem. Is the game slower or faster than it would be on the PS2? Because for me it sounds like it's slower, when you say that one scene pass and you can still here the last one. Can you please tell us what the fps counter is saying? That's the third number shown at the top of the window of PCSX2. This will most likely show a number lower than 60 fps. I don't know your processor, but I have a Intel Core 2 Duo as well, with 2,66 Ghz. And the cutscene your mentioning is running with about 46 fps for me^^. I think your mixing up too fast and too slow in this case.

Well maybe its my damn configs that's the problem because Ive seen allot of youtube clips on the configs but maybe its after that its because its all mest up. Okay when that girl fell down from the moon it was 59.60 on the fps, but when the cinema goes into dante's place its went down to 24.95, I guess that this means it something seriously wrong, could it be something wrong with the ISO im runnnig.
Hmmm... I'm trying to understand whats going on with his game too... Frame skipping? It could be confused with "lag", while also making the game seem to be running too fast.
Besides i've heard that the emulators "VU" skipping is wonky at best....
Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.8GHz
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
G.SKILL 12GB PC3 12800
Sapphire HD7870XT 2GB @ 1100/1500MHz
EVGA GeForce GT 430 1GB
OCZ GameXStream 850W
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Cooler Master HAF 932

(02-14-2010, 03:21 AM)Eternally Wrote: [...]
Okay when that girl fell down from the moon it was 59.60 on the fps, but when the cinema goes into dante's place its went down to 24.95, I guess that this means it something seriously wrong, could it be something wrong with the ISO im runnnig.

No, everything is all right. Your system is just not strong enough to run the game with fullspeed. The scene where Trish is falling from the sky is not that heavy to emulate, but the scene in the Devil May Cry. That may differ greatly, so it seems to be odd at first. But I assure you, your config is good as it is, I get no better either Tongue. Devil May Cry is one of those games which just don't run that good on PCSX2. There's nothing you can do about that, unfortunately, except trying some of the speed hacks. Enable one, see if it gives you some fps, disable it, try the next a.s.o. When you're done, enable all the ones that helped. You can't do more than this.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.