Did "FF7 - Dierge of Cerberus 7 (US)" playable around 60 fps?
lolz ..... It just depend into individual interest this issues is kinda sensitive. The reason of this thread is (Did "FF7 - Dierge of Cerberus 7 (US)" playable around 60 fps?) not (Did ATI better than Nvidia ?) ... that all ... agentghost and Sythedragon kinda of topic. But is fine for me because this thread can become a debut thread at the same time it also give me an idea how to select best hardware to improve performance of PCSX2.

This time PCSX2 0.9.6 and GDSx plugin didn't has a good compatibility with ATI but we cannot guarantee in future have a new developer introduce new Graphic plugin that suit for ATI. Until now I just hope that the New Directx11 will give us better chance either ATI user or Nvidia user same compatibility. In addition, hopping PCSX2 improvement of multi-core to 4 core which now only support 2 core. (^^)
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy

Sponsored links

If you're buying a PC just for PCSX then go with nvidia. As of now they work better than ATI. Of course, if you have an excellent and fast card like a 4870 you won't feel the difference. Is only on the mid range or lower end where you see a difference. It's like playing an old game on newer cards. Both ATI and nVidia fares almost equal. But play that game on a mid range card according to the age of the game, and surely one of the both will be better, it was always like this, either in favor of nvidia or ati through the brands life.

If you are also doing 3D stuff, why don't get an nvidia? You know the dirvers support is better on these cards.

But if you get a much better deal, then definitively go with an ATI. Like i said, if both cards are already pretty fast, you won't feel the difference.
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7