Did anybody ever ask this question? We need more convience!
A question I got for the Ubuntu/rasPi systems using pcsx2 is, do we have any type of frontend or something so I don't have to set up every single game over and over again when I switch between games often? And if there is, does it have a noGUI option so we don't have to go through two menus to launch a game from emulationstation? If there is one, post it here, but if there isn't someone please help make one. This will be helping a lot of people if there isn't one already. Wacko

Sponsored links

(12-18-2018, 05:17 PM)Romanz7531 Wrote: A question I got for the Ubuntu/rasPi systems using pcsx2 is, do we have any type of frontend or something so I don't have to set up every single game over and over again when I switch between games often? And if there is, does it have a noGUI option so we don't have to go through two menus to launch a game from emulationstation? If there is one, post it here, but if there isn't someone please help make one. This will be helping a lot of people if there isn't one already. Wacko

I don't think there is one.
that said, you could use command line to launch your iso something like "path_to_pcsx2_binary path_of_your_iso" should do it

Quote:but if there isn't someone please help make one. This will be helping a lot of people if there isn't one already. Wacko
Any help is welcome. means if you need it, feel free to make it since this is an open source project
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-18-2018, 05:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I don't think there is one.
that said, you could use command line to launch your iso something like "path_to_pcsx2_binary path_of_your_iso" should do it

Any help is welcome. means if you need it, feel free to make it  since this is an open source project

Yeah but that doesn't solve the changing settings every ten seconds for the games since the game settings don't save
(12-18-2018, 05:41 PM)Romanz7531 Wrote: Yeah but that doesn't solve the changing settings every ten seconds for the games since the game settings don't save
Then you'll have to start writing scripts or a frontend, I guess
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I don't know how linux works but how about using the command line that allow you to load settings from custom folder
pcsx2.exe --cfgpath="folder to custom settings" --noguiprompt --fullscreen "path to iso"

Create a shortcut for every of your games pointing to a different folder
This is actually what those frontends are doing
Yep, you can very quickly throw together some shell scripts to launch PCSX2 directly against an ISO, and specify a configuration path specific to that game. There are frontends that do this already for Windows, but I don't know about Linux compatibility.

Docs for PCSX2 command line live here, if you want to build your own shell scripts: https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Command-line_support
(12-20-2018, 02:42 AM)pandubz Wrote: Yep, you can very quickly throw together some shell scripts to launch PCSX2 directly against an ISO, and specify a configuration path specific to that game. There are frontends that do this already for Windows, but I don't know about Linux compatibility.

Docs for PCSX2 command line live here, if you want to build your own shell scripts: https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Command-line_support

I am working on a much easier method with a GUI in Python. GitHub: Shivito1 Link: https://github.com/shivito1/PCSX2-Individual-game-configs

I created this for HyperSpin but this should work with others assuming that the front-end uses command line to interface with the PCSX2 emulator. If the Pad updater is needed I'll integrate that functionality into the current GUI.