Difference between Framelimiter and NTSC/PAL
Hi all,

could someone explain to me, in a very simple way, the difference between the speed control option (in settings/emulation) and the possibility to set theĀ frame rate control (settings/system/advanced system) for NTSC & PAL?

The reason why i do ask: i saw a video on YT where someone gives a hint how to play the PAL-version of Dragon Quest VIII in "60fps" by setting PAL-framerate from 50 to 60. He doesn't mention that the game just runs faster. I know that a real 60fps-patch would be needed, and i also know that there is no existing 60fps patch for DQVIII PAL. But his video made me look into PCSX2s options again, and i really don't understand the difference between those to settings.

Thank you very much for any explanation!

Sponsored links

Setting Frame Rate Control to 60 FPS if you do it to PAL is no different than 120 base framerate, it was unlocked in the old GUI because I'm sorry to say people can't do math like 50 FPS x 120% = 60. Anyway it shouldn't never been unlocked at the nightly also shows the resulting FPS for both regions whatever you pick for speed percentage. It's not much different than Cheat Engine speed hack as it speeds up everything like audio and the rest.
(11-12-2022, 11:47 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: Setting Frame Rate Control to 60 FPS if you do it to PAL is no different than 120 base framerate, it was unlocked in the old GUI because I'm sorry to say people can't do math like 50 FPS x 120% = 60. Anyway it shouldn't never been unlocked at the nightly also shows the resulting FPS for both regions whatever you pick for speed percentage. It's not much different than Cheat Engine speed hack as it speeds up everything like audio and the rest.

Thanks for the explanation, as already mentioned, i couldn't think of any difference between the two options!