Difference between i5 4670k and I7 4770 k
Hi, sorry for my english. I have a question. There is a difference between i5 4670k and I7 4770 k about the performance of Pcsx 2 (fps,ecc). I would to play with high resolution, AA very high,Af, ecc and i have a geforce 770 gtx 4gb. How many fps i can earn with I7 4770k compared to i5 4670k ?. Thank you

Sponsored links

not much difference. both are overkill for pcsx2. u will get full speed with either of them.
go for i5 because it will be cheaper.
those aa or high res depends mostly on your gpu and u have a super one. no prblm to play the games.
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

No real difference. Both are quad-cores, the only difference with the i7 is that it has Hyper-Threading enabled, which allows it to spawn off 1 virtual thread per core, so you get 4 cores and 8 threads total. The virtual threads don't offer anywhere near as much throughput as the real cores do. Moreover, PCSX2 by its default nature is a dual-threaded program, as in it really mainly runs on two cores. It runs on three if you use MTVU hack, but not all games benefit from that, which is why it's called a hack.

Software mode can benefit extra threads, but on most games there are diminishing returns past a certain number of threads, so the extra $100 for the i7 is not worth it for PCSX2. Get the i5 instead.
I have an i5 4670k and I can run pretty much any pcsx2 game easily. The 4770 is more powerful because it has hyper threading but honestly you don't need it if you're only concern is playing games.
I5 4670k @ 4.3
MSI GtX 970 gaming edition
MSi gaming 7 mobo
8 gigs ram
noctua nh-d15 cpu cooler
850 evo 250 gb ssd & 500gb HDD
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go