Difficulty with emulator.
Hi, I tried for a long time to use the emulators for ps2 and I can't seem to get it working. Can someone tell me step by step how to do it, staring with the exact emulator link for download. I have a gamer pc with windows seven. I was able to play harvest moon one shot and then I wasnt able after I rebooted. Its soooo complicated especially campared to project64 for the nintendo 64 emulator.

Sponsored links

make sure you download the official link and NOT outside pcsx2 official website.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(01-05-2010, 03:52 AM)tallbender Wrote: make sure you download the official link and NOT outside pcsx2 official website.

ok, I downloaded TongueCSX2 0.9.6 Installer
This is the PCSX2 0.9.6 emulator installer package for windows

from http://pcsx2.net/

is there a next step, maybe a perticular rom that works well and other downloads that pcsx2 needs to run properly?
(01-05-2010, 03:52 AM)tallbender Wrote: make sure you download the official link and NOT outside pcsx2 official website.

From what I understand I need to load my own plugins and bios, how does that work, what ones do I download?
You need to dump the BIOS from your PS2, use this tool or search around for ways to dump it.

The plugins come with the installer you probably need to update your DirectX so you can use them tho: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=1123...lcid=0x409

After that follow the configuration guide.

I'm confussed tho, you said you played a game before but can't now?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(01-05-2010, 07:02 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You need to dump the BIOS from your PS2, use this tool or search around for ways to dump it.

The plugins come with the installer you probably need to update your DirectX so you can use them tho: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=1123...lcid=0x409

After that follow the configuration guide.

I'm confussed tho, you said you played a game before but can't now?

Hi, I was able to get it to run before but after rebooting my computer it said the program needs to be configured and I couldn't get it properly configured. Does the program need to be configured every time it restarts? Right now I try the plugins and bios directory and it says could not load plugins, it also says sdl.dll is missing. Sad
(01-06-2010, 12:26 AM)happygoluffy Wrote: Hi, I was able to get it to run before but after rebooting my computer it said the program needs to be configured and I couldn't get it properly configured. Does the program need to be configured every time it restarts?

That is answered in the FAQ, run pcsx2 as administrator (right click) and/or move your pcsx2 folder to a place with writing rights like your Documents folder.

Quote: Right now I try the plugins and bios directory and it says could not load plugins, it also says sdl.dll is missing. Sad

What plu8gins does it say it cant load?

As far as I know sdl.dll shouldn't be needed for any of the drivers included in the installer so you probably have another plugin that shouldn't be there if you installed only the PCSX2 from here as it was mentioned before.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Pcsx2 only has to be configured once, which is when you first run it. This configuration involves defining settings for all plugins (like the gamepad and graphics plugin). As for your missing .dll, you might try reinstalling pcsx2. Also, make sure Windows and DirectX are both updated.