Digital Devil Saga 1&2

Unuseful operation....CPU won't go any faster

Sponsored links

(10-25-2014, 04:17 PM)revengerofdeath Wrote: Unuseful operation....CPU won't go any faster

well disabling the start up programs doesnt make your cpu fast or something it only lessens the load which your ram and hdd take while booting up and loading apps...
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Things you can disable include:

Pando Media Booster (installed by some games for P2P sharing. unsure why)
Daemon Tools Lite (this is only the GUI, the program still runs even without it really, but keep it if you want)
Groove Monitor (part of MS Office. unless you make use of Groove, disable it)
SunJavaUpdateSched (scheduled check and update for Java, just do it manually)

Atheros should be your WIFI so you'll want to not touch that. But i don't know about the rest cause i don't know where their paths lead, for some reason you left that out as if it's gonna help us spy on you Tongue2

(10-25-2014, 04:20 PM)s.sakash Wrote: well disabling the start up programs doesnt make your cpu fast or something it only lessens the load which your ram and hdd take while booting up and loading apps...

Well in some cases the applications that start stay open. Haven't you seen brand laptops running upwards of 100 processes after boot? I'm pretty sure all those can slow down a machine. In his case he seems MUCH much cleaner than many i've seen. Maybe someone he knows performed a cleanup before or reinstalled windows Tongue2
Of course Im not a stupid. I know you are all badass hackers
(10-25-2014, 04:24 PM)revengerofdeath Wrote: Of course Im not a stupid. I know you are all badass hackers

No, unfortunately this is stuff which should have been standard knowledge for anyone wanting to use a computer Tongue

But you see people can be so confused with the minimize/maximize buttons. Two in one? HUUUUUUH?!
Well, I am actually a second year student of software engineering at the university....but, you know, these "things" are never teached at school.
Well, I guess I will follow the path of the overclocking, even if it means I'll destroy my pc.
I want to play to games like Xenosaga on my laptop...or games like DDS without all those frustrating slowdowns.
(10-25-2014, 04:39 PM)revengerofdeath Wrote: Well, I am actually a second year student of software engineering at the university....but, you know, these "things" are never teached at school.
Well, I guess I will follow the path of the overclocking, even if it means I'll destroy my pc.
I want to play to games like Xenosaga on my laptop...or games like DDS without all those frustrating slowdowns.
Overclocking a laptop is pointless and just downright awful for it too. You don't have any methods to keep it cooled like you would with a desktop.

In fact, you will just cause the laptop to perform worse due to overheating, causing it to down-throttle itself for safety measures, giving you even worse FPS rates. (And eventually results in shutting itself down).

[Edit]
I noticed an AVGuninstall.exe running in your process list, as well as Avast. Did you have both Avast and AVG running while playing PCSX2 before? There's no reason to have two AVs. So I assume you were actually uninstalling AVG because of that reason?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(10-25-2014, 05:03 PM)xRyudo Wrote: Overclocking a laptop is pointless and just downright awful for it too. You don't have any methods to keep it cooled like you would with a desktop.

In fact, you will just cause the laptop to perform worse due to overheating, causing it to down-throttle itself for safety measures, giving you even worse FPS rates. (And eventually results in shutting itself down).

[Edit]
I noticed an AVGuninstall.exe running in your process list, as well as Avast. Did you have both Avast and AVG running while playing PCSX2 before? There's no reason to have two AVs. So I assume you were actually uninstalling AVG because of that reason?

It's a RunOnce with a name AVGuninstallURL which i assume he was getting rid of it.
Put the EE cyclerate to 3... game seems more fluid...About the MTVU hacks i'm not sure if my pc uses more than 1 core during the emulation...
(10-25-2014, 05:03 PM)xRyudo Wrote: Intel Core i5-4670k @ 3.40GHz
Blush